Account Manager - #94717
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Your Role at Baxter
THIS IS WHERE you build trust to achieve results
As an Account Manager, you take pride in representing Baxter and our products. Your keen understanding of our deep portfolio of products and belief in the value and quality they provide to patients fuels your confidence. Our customers trust you and appreciate your knowledge and curiosity when finding solutions to meet their needs. You enjoy being on location, building relationships, and establishing trust with the doctors and nurses who use Baxter solutions every day.
You will be selling and contracting activities within our Patient Bed portfolio as well as our vital sign monitoring portfolio. Additionally, in partnership with other team members, you will sell software that facilitates connecting our technology to our customer’s hospital information systems and Electronic Medical Records.
Your territory will be the GTA and the Golden Horseshoe. Over time, the assigned territory may change as required to best support our customers and the business.
We embrace opportunities to connect with the doctors and nurses that use our products every day to save and sustain lives. Observing their work, understanding their needs, and building strong partnerships are integral to our success.
We're a friendly, collaborative group of people who push each other to do better every day. We find unique strategies to close deals and expand our skills by challenging ourselves and others. Whether out in the field with a partner or tackling challenges with your territory team, you always have camaraderie and support to help accomplish your goals.
What you'll be doing
- Generate new territory sales every quarter to meet or exceed budget
- Understand customers’ current and future needs, and develop and deliver comprehensive solutions to existing and new accounts and provide customer in-servicing and training
- Develop a robust sales funnel and consistently move opportunities through the sales process to “close”
- Provide quotations, prepare business cases and negotiate contracts
- Travel as required (up to 75% of the time) periodically national and international to support projects and initiatives as needed
What you'll bring
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Life Sciences, or related fields
- 3+ years experience in selling medical equipment and/or devices to hospitals
- Proven sales success in a complex selling environment, engaging multi-level decision makers and influencers, including hospital executives
- Strong analytical, collaborative, and negotiating skills and business acumen to effectively track sales activity, anticipate needs and gaps, develop plans, and write effective Request for Proposals
- Demonstrated and confident excellent presentation, communication, and computer skills
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to ************@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.118599