Accounting Admin Clerk - #104921
Subsidiary: Colas Western Canada Inc.
Terus Construction Ltd. is an integrated road construction and materials manufacturing company, which has been building roads in British Columbia and the Yukon Territory for over 30 years through decentralized business centers.
Road construction, asphalt paving, aggregate production, hot mix asphalt and ready-mix concrete supply are the core activities. In addition, the Company acts as general contractor on civil construction projects, including excavation, utilities, concrete placement, sidewalks, and curbs, and in all kind of road construction related activities.
Over 800 jobs every year are performed through more than 20 decentralized business centers, such as highway rehabilitation, airport construction, industrial, municipal and commercial work, subdivisions. More than 550 employees are locally employed.
Terus Construction provides challenging and rewarding opportunities in an entrepreneurial, diverse, inclusive and respectful work environment. As our growth creates new career opportunities, likely there is the right one for you!
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Accounting Admin Clerk is responsible for providing support to the Manufacturing Accounting department. This position works closely with both the divisional offices as well as the Manufacturing Accounting team, to ensure all transactions are handled in a timely and professional manner. The Accounting Clerk will additionally deal with highly confidential information, in compliance with local privacy legislation and company policy.
Key Requirements and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of the Accounting Clerk include, but are not limited to:
- Working with Senior Accountant and Assistant Controller to process manufacturing transaction as directed.
- Review coding of transactions according to JDE coding
- Enter data from financial transactions into a database.
- Basic knowledge of Manufacturing Environment ERP system as related to accounting.
- Posting Accounting transactions into accounting system
- Maintaining various excel data spread sheets, including updating, and validating information as directed.
- Assist Senior Accountant with monthly tasks such as journal entries.
- Must ensure a solid understanding of and comply with the principles of the company’s Code of Ethics.
- Liaise with purchasing to validate PO receipts.
- Participate as an integral member of the team, and contribute towards the success of the organization, which may involve the provision of other technical and administrative support, as required.
- Other Accounting and Administration duties as required.
- Great verbal and writing communication skills required.
- Proven Accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
- Advanced excel skill, competence in MS office and software systems in manufacturing environment.
Skills and Abilities
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Clear and effective communication skills.
- Experience with JDE accounting software an asset.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role in construction or manufacturing industry.
- Able to work well in a fast paced, collaborative and team-based environment.
Education, Training and Certifications
- Enrolled in CPA program, or a combination of equivalent experience and post secondary education.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years’ experience in Accounting or other clerical position.
- Overtime as required.
- Work is performed in an indoor setting and may include a combination of standing, sitting and waking. Sitting for extended periods of time is required.
- Manual dexterity required to use computer and peripherals.
- Work involves a high degree of concentration, accuracy, problem solving and working under time constraints.
- Must comply with all company policies.
- In town work, limited to no travel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Terus Construction Ltd. offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high-performance organization including competitive salary and benefits package, along with in-house training, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Must be able to meet all safety requirements including pre-employment drug/alcohol testing.
We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume. However only applicants selected to be interviewed will be contacted.