Administrative Assistant - #104925
Hydro One Networks Inc
49096 - Toronto - Temporary - 12 months
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
Perform various office administrative duties and departmental records maintenance. Produce/process correspondence, databases and spreadsheets and other documents.
1.Support development and administration of various customer contracts/service agreements, including tracking of progress and updating/verification of specific information within these documents.
2.As a team member, participate with supervisor in the setting of priorities and the scheduling of supervisor's work projects and activities advising him/her of the status of current work, target dates, scheduled actions/meetings and other related demands on Supervisor's time.
3.Perform clerical administrative duties related to administrative information received from others in the form of reports, forms, or other formats covering a broad array of subject matter such as time reporting, budget feedback and performance reviews.
4.Set up and maintain Supervisor's working files as well as a departmental records centre, in accordance with records management policies and guidelines, retrieving materials as required.
5.Maintain an effective follow-up/bring forward system, monitoring due dates and providing supervisor with status reports as necessary.
6.Responsible for ensuring that priority documents are prepared to meet deadlines.
7.Maintain up-to-date distribution and mailing lists, including proactively contacting internal and external stakeholders and customers to ensure customer information is up-to-date.
8.Produce or process correspondence, databases and spreadsheets covering a broad range of routine and confidential subject matter as well as general administration, ensuring confidentiality of same.
9.Make all necessary arrangements for meetings including the preparation of agenda, acquiring of meeting rooms, ascertaining agenda items for scheduled meetings, travel and accommodation arrangements.
10.Search files or records to locate supporting information for Department's assimilation and use. 11.Perform other duties as required.
- Requires a comprehensive knowledge of business principles in order to perform clerical administrative duties associated with the job.
- Requires proficiency in the operation of keyboard equipment to input, update, retrieve information and to type various documents.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and project management software applications, to be able to produce or process a broad range of routine and confidential subject matter including correspondence, customer contracts/service agreements and to track work projects.
- Requires a knowledge of English and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, to interact with staff and clients.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired either through the successful completion of Grade XII in a Secondary, Commercial or Technical School or by having the equivalent level of education.
- Requires office experience in a customer service setting to be familiar with office practices, procedures and administrative processes associated with development and administration of customer service contracts and service agreements.
- Requires experience handling multiple assignments in order to be able to organize, plan, coordinate and prioritize tasks.
- Requires records management experience to be able to set up and maintain the supervisor's files, as well as departmental records.
- Requires a familiarity with the business unit's structure, related business contacts and basic familiarity with a de-regulated environment.
- A period of up to three years is considered necessary to gain this experience
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2024.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected]. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: February 20, 2024
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, Secretary, Project Manager, Law, Technology, Administrative, Legal