Administrative Assistant - #94637
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 3000 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As an Administrative Assistant your responsibilities will include:
- Managing electronic and paper-based client files
- Preparing documents including correspondence, reports and presentations
- Participating in development of internal systems and processes
- Planning of Specialty Tax Service Line events
- Preparing for client meetings
- Managing calendars
- Managing expense reports
- Using STAR practice management applications to ensure proper record keeping
- Maintaining client database (CaseWare)
- Drafting client invoices
- Using OneView application to track and report on client relationship management initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Identifying cross-service line opportunities
- Creating plan with Partner to identify and action new client opportunities
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
- Suggesting solutions and innovative ideas to meet client needs
- Collaborating with internal teams to address customers’ needs
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens! Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be an Administrative Assistant? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- Proven work experience in project management
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Suite, Visio, Adobe Acrobat, social media, etc.
- A customer-oriented attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building strong client relationships
- Strong negotiation skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Innovative thinking, sound judgment, and adaptable to service needs
- Proven experience in providing exceptional client service
- Takes initiative and direction and is a self-directed learner
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple and/or unexpected deadlines in a demanding environment
- Demonstrates sound judgment regarding confidential and sensitive matters
- Available to work overtime during peak tax filing seasons, particularly March, April and June
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
What's in it for you?
Profit sharing, Flex days, RRSP contributions, Firmwide holiday closure, Wellness benefits, Concierge-like benefits, Work from anywhere in Canada in the summer for 4 weeks, and more!
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP is committed to employment equity, human rights and respectful workplace principles throughout the life cycle of employment, including at the recruitment and hiring stages. We welcome applications from members of all equity deserving groups, including persons with disabilities, women, racialized and/or Indigenous applicants. Should you require accommodation in relation to the recruitment process, please notify us by emailing [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs.