ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, INDIGENOUS THEATRE - #94977
National Arts Centre - Centre National des Arts
Introducing the National Arts Centre
The National Arts Centre (NAC) is Canada's bilingual, multi-disciplinary home for the performing arts. The NAC presents, creates, produces, and co-produces performing arts programming in various streams-the NAC Orchestra, Dance, English Theatre, French Theatre, Indigenous Theatre, and Popular Music and Variety-and nurtures the next generation of audiences and artists from across Canada. The NAC is located on the traditional, unceded, unsurrendered territory of the Anishinabe Algonquin Nation.
At the National Arts Centre, we believe the performing arts are vital to the human experience. A house of dreams for the Canadian performing arts, we work with artists and arts organizations from across this land to revitalize our sector.
Curious to learn more? Read our 2023-2026 Strategic Plan, The Journey Ahead.
Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, Anti-Racism and Accessibility
We are on a journey, committed to ensuring that equity, diversity, inclusion, accessibility, anti-racism and reconciliation with Indigenous peoples will guide our actions.
The NAC welcomes applications from candidates who can help us meet our vision, and contribute to the diversity of lived experiences, perspectives, and approaches. When you join the NAC, you will be part of an inclusive community working hard to dismantle barriers to employees' well-being, access, potential, and success. The NAC actively seeks candidates who identify as women, Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour (IBPoC), members of 2SLGBTQIA+ communities, and people with disabilities. We encourage you to self-identify in the recruitment process.
Key ActivitiesThe Administrative Assistant will work closely with the Artistic Director, Managing Director, and Producer in the fulfillment of daily activities such as meeting preparation, travel arrangements, some financial management and other essential office management
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing credit card reconciliations;
- Managing travel requests, bookings and reconciliations for senior team members;
- Information management including script submissions and contact lists;
- Scheduling meetings;
- Essential office management (tracking and ordering supplies, mailing & couriering as needed, etc.);
- Administrative support to Indigenous Theatre team as needed.
- Post-secondary diploma plus a minimum of three (3) years of related experience (or an equivalent combination of education & experience);
- Knowledge of the Canadian and Indigenous performing arts environment, industry and policy issues and the local Indigenous community is an asset;
- Excellent computer skills including Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced and highly charged environment;
- Highly organized and able to coordinate a variety of activities simultaneously;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Must be able to maintain discretion and absolute confidentiality at all times;
- Tactful, diplomatic, and courteous;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both official languages is an asset.
Who Can Apply
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens.
As part of NAC's interview process, in-person interviews may be required. Please ensure to have the most up-to-date information on your résumé including your current email address.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted by us.
The National Arts Centre (NAC) is committed to inclusive employee recruitment and selection. The NAC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the selection process, please inform us as soon as possible and we will make every effort to fulfill your accommodation request.
The successful candidate will be required to provide the original or a true certified copy of their education credentials as appropriate, along with proof of a valid Criminal Background Check as a condition of employment.