Administrative Assistant, Outreach & Product Services (6 Month Term) - #104877
Friday, February 9, 2024
Want to be part of a team that makes a difference? Come be part of the change.
Since 1920, APEGA has been regulating the practices of engineering and geoscience to serve the public interest in Alberta. We are looking for energetic people who thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment. You are committed to serving the community with integrity, accountability, and innovation, and capable of delivering exceptional service. If you reflect these values, have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to make a difference through your work, and are passionate about acting in the best interest of public safety – then come be a part of our diverse and inclusive team!
Reporting to the Director, Outreach & Product Services, the Administrative Assistant, Outreach & Product Services is responsible for providing day-to-day administrative support to the Director, Outreach & Product Services. This includes managing the Director’s inbox, calendar and travel schedule; meeting management; verify and completing expense reports; records management; tracking and following up on departmental work and project statuses; and receiving and addressing internal and external inquiries to maintaining open lines of communication for the Outreach & Product Services Department.
- Providing administrative support to the Director, Outreach & Product Services and the Outreach & Product Services department to ensure departmental processes, projects and communication are consistent and completed in a timely manner.
- Managing the Director’s inbox, categorizing, responding, and forwarding emails as necessary.
- Managing the Director’s calendar, providing real-time scheduling support by booking meetings and appointments and avoiding booking conflicts.
- Making reservations and travel arrangements such as booking flights, cars and making hotel and restaurant reservations.
- Providing professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail.
- Handling general office tasks such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
- Providing day-to-day administrative support to APEGA membership to ensure communication is consistent and timely.
- Demonstrating APEGA’s commitment to superior customer service through responding to members’ inquiries and feedback in a timely manner via phone or email, and addressing members’ concerns, escalating when necessary.
- Processing members’ requests and confirm eligibility of membership in accordance with internal policies and procedures, ensuring consistency and accuracy of responses and redirecting inquiries when necessary.
- Screening phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate staff.
- Helping prepare for meetings, generate reports, transcribe minutes from meetings, create presentations and conduct research.
- Coding and submitting invoices and reconciling expense reports.
- Assist with reoccurring and departmental initiatives and projects including monitoring and following up on initiatives and project lifecycles stages, milestones, tasks dependencies and any outstanding action items and decisions.
- Researching, creating, coordinating and/or filing project documentation, ensuring documentation is accurate and complete.
- Providing regular updates to the Director, Outreach & Product Services on initiative and project statuses.
- Actively researching and providing recommendations on administrative departmental policies, processes and procedures.
- Informing internal staff on any administrative protocol or policy changes.
- Identifying opportunities for automating workflows to improve efficiencies.
- Rectifying and following up on issues and/or concerns raised, escalating when necessary.
- Filling -in and providing back-up to assist colleagues in absences when required.
Competencies, Skills & Attributes
- Competencies: Exemplifying Integrity, Fostering Communication, Results Orientation, Service Excellence, Teamwork, Adaptability, Analytical Thinking, Attention to Detail Planning and Organizing, Digital Literacy.
- Knowledge of privacy and confidentiality protocols.
- Knowledge of office management principles, methods, and procedures.
- Knowledge of principles and methods of business administration.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to problem-solve and make sound decisions quickly and confidently based on internal policies, procedures and best practices.
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
- Ability work under pressure, and to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
- Anticipate needs and complete important tasks without needing to be asked.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail when completing multiple assignments.
- Ability to identify information, materials, and resources needed to complete a project or assignment.
- Post-secondary certificate or diploma in office administration or related equivalencies.
- 3-4 years of related administrative experience supporting senior professionals.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and/or various databases or systems is required.
- Strong communication and language skills is required.
- Experience working win a regulatory and membership-based organization is an asset.
Please note candidates will be asked to complete an assignment assessing competencies of the role, prior to being selected for an interview.
Closing Date: Until successful candidate is found
We acknowledge all candidates working in their area of expertise may build their knowledge, skills, and competencies in several ways. We welcome candidates from a breadth of backgrounds, who may have equivalent skills and competencies to the ones listed above. There may be APEGA positions posted that have specific regulatory requirements, and in keeping with those requirements, APEGA will follow the guidelines that we are bound by. All candidates are considered with the objective to enhance APEGA’s people and culture.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume directly through our company website (https://www.apega.ca/about-apega/apega-careers).
Thank you for your interest in APEGA.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.