Agronomist - Meadow Lake - #94988
Date: 2 weeks ago
City: Meadow Lake, SK
Contract type: Full time
Area Agronomy Support
- Deliver agronomy services to Simplot locations as required by locations and provide technically sound agronomic advice
- Increase Simplot overall expertise in soil management & plant health
- Work with Area Location Managers to provide the opportunity for agronomy services to customers
- Have an ongoing communication with several key customers, in cooperation with Area Location and Account Managers, to demonstrate continuity and consistency.
- Contribute to and be familiar with Simplot strategies for:
- Herbicide rotations
- Field verified demonstrations
- Attend (on behalf of Simplot) local information meetings and in-season tours and bring the knowledge back to our entire team.
- Be open, available, and approachable
- Work with other Area Agronomists one on one to develop approach methods and techniques
- Set aside time for joint farm meetings with Area Agronomy Lead and Account Managers
- Participate in school and community education programs as appropriate and directed by Agronomy Lead
- Identify profit opportunities for Agronomy/product programs
- Support customers and suppliers through prompt and detailed investigation of product inquiries
- Lead in the development and facilitation of training programs for location employees in agronomy, in cooperation with Agronomy Lead
- Learn and understand the products and services Simplot provides.
- Build confidence and experience in technical skills while sharing best practices with the entire agronomy team.
- Keep current on industry trends and technology – transfer this knowledge to both the agronomy team and customers.
- Attract quality Agronomy Team members to Simplot
- Ensure Simplot are maximizing the potential to have Agronomy support on as many fields as possible
- Approach the Ag industry and community in a professional manner such that Simplot maintains a presence as the leader in our market.
- Assist Area Agronomy Team to complete accreditation in compliance with company policy.
- Support the Account Managers and Location Managers complete accreditation in compliance with company policy.
- Oversee the entry of Area scouting data into system for permanent archive on the customer account.
- Promote, and coordinate agronomy services for customers (ie. Crop scouting, soil sampling, etc.)
- Assist in agronomy where necessary and appropriate