ANALYST 1 - #94820
Do you believe in the power of teamwork and sharing ideas? Do you take pride in delivering exceptional quality and service with everything you do? Do you seek out ideas for improving the status quo?
If you want to make a difference and love being surrounded by the best and the brightest minds, Bureau Veritas Canada might be the place for you!Here are our Core Values: Trusted Responsible Ambitious & Humble Open & Inclusive
If these values resonate with you, Bureau Veritas is looking for a:
Laboratory Analyst 1
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
Successful candidate will be result oriented to produce high quality defensible analytical data, safely and on time by following applicable Standard Operating Procedures. Perform analyses and complex sample preparation proficiently. Gain full knowledge with respect to performing analytical procedures and related quality control techniques.
- Review LIMS summary reports to plan and organize daily work
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Perform sample preparation and procedure prior to analyses
- Perform some basic testing procedures
- Ensure a high level of accuracy in sample preparation and analysis
- Operate and maintain all necessary instruments and equipment to complete tasks (PC computers, equipment determining oil properties like density, viscosity, sulfur content, vapor pressure etc.)
- Meet quality and TAT specifications required by the client and ensure samples are analyzed within holding time requirements.
- Identify and document all known sample deviations, non-conformances, and/or process deviations and report to the Supervisor.
Is there a mutual fit? You ideally have:
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree in related field (i.e. BS, Petroleum/Chemical Technician)
- Demonstrated success in position of a Laboratory Technician or Analyst is an asset
- Sound knowledge of sample handling procedures to ensure continuity and integrity of samples through compliance with laboratory procedures and quality assurance protocols
- Knowledge of and experience with laboratory Occupational Health and Safety practices to handle hazardous materials by taking the necessary precautions.
- Excellent manual dexterity, record keeping, calculations and problem solving abilities
- Flexible to perform varying duties to accommodate changing priorities
- Good time-management, communication, multi-tasking and priority setting skills
- Strong computer skills
- Positive outlook with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Works both independently and as part of a team
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Life Insurance
- STD & LTD Coverage
- Company RRSP match
- Employee Assistant Program (EAP)
- Professional Development
- Gym Facility
- Minimum Education: Diploma in related field (Required)
- 1 year of experience in related field (Preferred)
- Monday to Friday
- Willing to work overtime when necessary (including some weekends)
- Shift work (mornings and afternoons)
Bureau Veritas Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations that are required. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
Shaping a World of Trust