Analyst Business Intelligence Analyst Business Intelligence Mississauga, ON, CA, L4W 0C7 Corporate Office Careers Sobeys - #94848
Requisition ID: 179556
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Merchandising Analytics & Insights
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Location: Tahoe Office
Postal Code: L4W 0C7
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Ready to Make an impact?
We are a growing Canadian company and market leader in grocery and pharmacy nationally and in communities across the country, with an opportunity to impact more than 20 banners and 1500 stores. Our family of over 134,000 teammates and franchise affiliates are on a mission to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our teammates.
We’re expanding our digital team and we need exceptional talent in Data, IT and Innovation.
Here’s where you’ll be focusing:
- Provide expertise and practical assistance in the ad hoc investigation, evaluation, and interpretation of data, themes, and trends
- Integrate multiple sources of data and insight into a cohesive, consultative presentation to internal clients
- Help to develop insights – focus on simplistic measures of performance and providing the ‘so what’ to our internal clients
- Manage large analytical projects, and help develop new reports and views of data for business stakeholders
- Be able to interact with different lines of business, and direct flow of requests to third party consultants and data providers
- Develop relationships within the business clientele, and integrate analytical views into their decision-making processes
- Produce timely and accurate reports and complete analysis to put forward suggestions to improve financial results, processes and business improvements
- Create new reports for various business functions to analyze objectives and performance on an ongoing basis in appropriate tool (Excel, Tableau)
- Develop enhanced data processing for automation of reporting where appropriate
- Troubleshoot and improve existing reporting as required
- Present results to stakeholders in meetings
What you have to offer:
- An Undergraduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience or a DEC and a minimum of 4 years relevant experience
- SAP experience or analytical aptitude to mainframe systems preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with Programming/Query Language (SQL/Python) required
- Proficiency in Excel and experience with VBA preferred
- Experience with Tableau/Power BI or similar platforms preferred
- Experience with Audience and Market Data (Nielsen or similar) preferred
We offer teammates competitive total compensation packages that will vary by role and location. Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization. We look forward to discussing the specific compensation details relevant to this role with candidates who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.