Application Developer Application Developer Stellarton, Nova Scotia, CA, B0K 1S0 +1 more… Corporate Office Careers Sobeys - #104594
Requisition ID: 180773
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: IT Store Systems Product Team
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia; Québec
City: Stellarton, Quebec
Location: Foord St. Office, Bureau de Montréal-Nord
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
Ready to Make an impact?
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities, and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have an opportunity for a Application Developer to join our Information Technology team.
- Find functional and technical solutions to meet requirements.
- Develop detailed specifications (functional, technical, and operational) for the delivery of recommended solutions.
- Take user requirements into consideration when developing and implementing business technology solutions.
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure solution compliance with IT and team standards and quality software delivery practices.
- Provide accurate estimates based on analysis and design specifications to support other team members and your own work.
- Identify and define technical and business requirements for solutions.
- Provide expertise on a particular architecture and discuss how the specific features, functionalities, and designs of the solution will meet business requirements.
- Ensure all documentation has been created and is up to date and accurate prior to implementing the solution or making changes.
- Ensure that management stays informed of the progress and any issues related to the execution team’s operations.
- Code, test, and analyze software and applications. This includes researching, documenting, and modifying software and specifications throughout the systems development life cycle.
- Analyze and modify software to correct errors in a timely and accurate manner and provides progress reports as required.
- Determine the most efficient program/configuration solution based on the technical specifications provided by an experienced developer or business analyst.
- Work with the team to assess the duration of all aspects of the work and meet deadlines.
- Develop unit test plans with detailed test cases.
- Design and systematically test error-free solutions to assess and comply with best practices.
- Prepare and document program specifications.
- Solve problems with minimal supervision.
- Develop or support software application solutions in a task-based, team project environment.
- Provide documentation for users as well as documentation about operations and implementing systems.
- Assist developers and senior business analysts in conceptualizing and developing new software and systems.
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Undergraduate degree and at least two years of relevant experience, or DEC and at least four years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of .net and C# or similar language. This role involves numerous design and development, support, and integration activities.
- Solid experience in software engineering and solution delivery methodologies.
We offer teammates competitive total compensation packages that will vary by role and location. Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization. We look forward to discussing the specific compensation details relevant to this role with candidates who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.