Associate Director, Financial Restructuring Group CNA - #94679
We’re committed to providing fair and equitable compensation to all our colleagues. As a candidate, we encourage you to have an open dialogue with your recruiter and ask compensation related questions, including pay details for this role.
The Financial Restructuring Group, Commercial National Accounts (FRG CNA) within Business Banking is a center of excellence for the Bank where the primary role is assisting financially troubled clients in the CNA segment which consists of the larger commercial clients across all industry sectors. The Associate Director manages a portfolio of FRG CNA clients across Canada. The position works closely with the Mid-Market and Asset Based Lending product partners, and with external professionals including legal counsel, accountants/monitors, receivers, and trustees. The Associate Director reports to the Director, FRG.
The Associate Director, Financial Restructuring Group (''AD, FRG'') is responsible for monitoring and control, structuring credits and addressing perceived risk. This includes completing necessary due diligence, establishing pricing and terms of credit, and also producing ongoing credit reviews and risk ratings that reflect knowledge of Bank policies and procedures.
Working closely with the Director, the position encompasses the following tasks:
- Work with clients and/or the Bank's advisors to restructure credit deals so that Borrowers may remain both viable and long-term customers of the Bank. When not possible, exit relationships and/or realize on assets in order to repay loans in the interest of protecting the Bank's shareholders.
- Develop creative solutions to minimize risk and, when possible, provide support and flexibility to the client during the restructuring period.
- Lead all aspects of analysis for an assigned portfolio. Ensure credit risk is properly assessed by performing independent risk analysis and by applying the policies and lending guidelines of the Bank.
- Protect the Bank's assets by managing/using adequate risk monitoring systems and processes and by evaluating each Borrower's performance as it relates to the assessment and management of credit risk.
- Monitor and control the portfolio and provide feedback to the Director on any accounts that are outside assigned limits and conditions.
- Establish loan pricing/fees commensurate with the risk profile of the relationship.
- Ensure products and services are sold and operate in a compliant manner minimizing the regulatory compliance and operational risk to the Bank.
- Understand the market and the industries within the portfolio to ensure value-add service is provided to clients while mitigating risk to the Bank.
- Continually deliver exceptional service at every interaction and execute on plans to continuously improve the customer experience.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with various professional services firms.
- Participate as a member of the FRG team, support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation, and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/points of interest.
- Lead, support, mentor and provide guidance to your team and within your unit.
- Actively participate in the performance management process including performance reviews, feedback, and coaching sessions.
- Seek knowledge both formal and informal in line with personal development plan objectives
- Undergraduate degree in business or relevant professional designation, and/or a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Credit Analyst or Account Manager in corporate / commercial banking. MBA, CA, CFA would be an asset
- Alternatively, experience in corporate finance, corporate restructuring would be an asset.
- Strong credit, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Financial modeling experience would be considered advantageous.
- Dynamic professional with strong communications and organization skills.
- Strong team player, with an ability to work in a cross functional team environment and independently.
- Ability to engage in active dialogue with internal and external stakeholders (restructuring professionals, advisors, legal counsel etc.)
At TD we're guided by our purpose is to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues, and share a set of values that shape our culture and guide our behavior. In exchange for how our colleagues show up to help TD succeed, we are committed to delivering a colleague experience grounded in Impact, Growth and a Culture of Care. No matter where you work across TD, we empower you to make an impact at work and in your community, explore and grow your career and be part of our caring and inclusive culture.
Making Your Well-being a Priority
A supportive culture that promotes colleague well-being is core to who we are. At TD, we focus on total well-being with extensive programs to help colleagues assess, manage, and improve their well-being across four core pillars - physical, financial, social and mental/emotional. In addition, we champion a safe and inclusive work environment so colleagues feel a sense of belonging and feel supported in their personal and professional growth. Through our focus on well-being, we know that we can help our colleagues thrive, contribute to our culture of care, and support better business outcomes, because when colleagues feel their best, they're more likely to do their best.
Our Total Rewards Package
Our Total Rewards package reflects the investment we make in our colleagues to help them, and their families achieve their well-being goals. Total Rewards at TD includes a base salary, variable compensation, and several other key plans such as health and well-being benefits including medical, dental, vision & mental health coverage, savings and retirement programs, paid time off, banking benefits and discounts, career development, and reward and recognition programs.
How We Work
At TD, we believe in-person connections fuel collaboration and collective creativity. Our workplace experience empowers colleagues to do great work side-by-side at TD locations, while offering flexibility to work remotely where it makes sense for the work and team. Our teams work in one of three workplace models: Hybrid, Onsite and Primarily Remote. Wherever our colleagues are working, they’ll always have access to the TD community and experience our culture of care.
Who We Are
TD is one of the world's leading global financial institutions and is the fifth largest bank in North America by branches. Every day, we deliver legendary customer experiences to over 27 million households and businesses in Canada, the United States and around the world. More than 95,000 TD colleagues bring their skills, talent, and creativity to the Bank, those we serve, and the economies we support. We are guided by our vision to Be the Better Bank and our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues.
TD is deeply committed to being a leader in customer experience, that is why we believe that all colleagues, no matter where they work, are customer facing. As we build our business and deliver on our strategy, we are innovating to enhance the customer experience and build capabilities to shape the future of banking. Whether you’ve got years of banking experience or are just starting your career in financial services, we can help you realize your potential. Through regular leadership and development conversations to mentorship and training programs, we’re here to support you towards your goals. As an organization, we keep growing - and so will you.
At TD, we’re committed to fostering an environment where all colleagues are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, experience equitable opportunities, and feel respected and supported. We’re dedicated to building an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and the communities in which we live and serve.
Your accessibility is important to us. Please let us know if you’d like accommodations (including accessible meeting rooms, captioning for virtual interviews, etc.) to help us remove barriers so that you can participate throughout the interview process.
How We're Helping Make an Impact in Communities
TD has a long-standing commitment to help drive progress towards a more inclusive and sustainable future. That’s why we launched the TD Ready Commitment in 2018, now a multi-year North American initiative. Under the TD Ready Commitment, we are targeting a total of $1 billion by 2030 in community giving four key, interconnected drivers of change: Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities, and Better Health. It’s our goal to help support change, nurture progress, and contribute to making the world a better, more inclusive place for our customers, colleagues, and communities.
We look forward to hearing from you!