Batching Technician (Syrup Maker) - #94690
Date: 2 weeks ago
City: Surrey, BC
Contract type: Full time
The following are essential duties and responsibilities for this position:
- Adhere to all health and safety policies/procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and wear the required personal protective equipment (PPE) while in the warehouse or production areas.
- Responsible to adhere to food quality and food safety as per quality standards and/or Safe Quality Food requirements.
- Stage concentrate and other ingredients prior to batching. Ensure verification of ingredients and expiry dates prior to opening any pails or starting to mix.
- Complete and sign the formula card, lock out the syrup tank and take the formula card to the laboratory. Make adjustments as directed.
- Complete all required reports (including work orders, action reports, etc.) legibly and in a timely manner. If a mechanical problem exists with a valve or a tank, contact Maintenance or a Manager immediately. Do not use the tank or affected valve until approved by Maintenance or a Manager.
- Keep both the can line and the bottle line supplied with syrup.
- Immediately inform the Scheduler, Quality Assurance Manager or Production Manager of potential problems (shortages, lack of tanks, etc.)
- Plan tank usage in advance to maximize batch sizes.
- Must follow all measure and mixing instructions, no deviations are permitted.
- Work closely with the Filler Operator, Quality Assurance and Lead Hands to perform flush outs and product changes in a timely manner and ensure product quality.
- Do not mix more than four hours ahead in the schedule to allow for mechanical difficulties or schedule changes.
- Notify Scheduler of sweetener delivery problems.
- Work closely with all departments to improve quality, increase efficiencies, improve yields and eliminate out of specification or damaged product.
- Complete and sign the formula card, lock out the syrup tank and take the formula card to the laboratory.
- Keep the syrup room clean and sanitary.
- Communicate with the syrup maker coming on shift any supply, mechanical or scheduling problems.
- Monitoring of concentrate and ingredient lot numbers.
- Experience in a fast moving packaged goods environment, beverage production experience preferred
- Formal training in areas such as WHIMIS, HACCP, Hygiene etc. preferred
- Forklift certification may be required
- Able to routinely lift 60lbs
- Able to perform duties within a high stress/pressure environment Have a sound general knowledge of mathematical skills, e. measurements/formulas
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written (English)
- Solid comprehension of production schedules and laboratory testing
- Understand quality improvement, increase efficiencies, improve yields and eliminate out of specification or damaged product. Attention to detail required.
Education and Experience:
- High School Certification
- 3-5 years relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Physical-Continuously standing or walking. Regular requirements to lift/handle/carry material or equipment of moderate weight.
- Visual/Sensory-This position requires regular need to give moderate attention with one or two senses at a time.
- Work environment- Work and environment are very repetitive.
- Mental Stress- There is pronounced pressure from deadlines, production quotas, accuracy or similar demands.