Business Analyst and Project Support - #94999
BC Emergency Health Services
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of PHSA safety, including both patient and employee safety, is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA’s Agencies/Divisions/Services, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position. The Business Analyst and Project Support leads the analysis and documentation of business requirements to support projects for designated programs/services. Works in close collaboration with other stakeholders to develop business systems enhancements, business solutions, or business processes. Functions as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to project team through performing gap analysis of systems and business process mapping including the identification of linkages to other business systems. Provides key contributions to the development of solutions to ensure that business processes and/or project deliverables are consistent, accurate, and timely. Participates in and contributes to strategic planning. Develops project plans for the design, development, and implementation of new business processes, and supports the transition from current systems, practices and processes to an integrated system, common practices, and standardized processes with current or improved functionality.
• Ensures key results are achieved in accordance with the project plan by analyzing current business systems and processes, generating ideas and formulating recommendations/options, and supporting members of the project in reaching decisions that are within project scope and timelines.
• Implements or contributes to the implementation of effective processes to assess project risks, identify risk mitigation strategies and monitor risk throughout the project lifecycle. Supports the Manager/Team Lead by providing regular updates on the progress as well as any areas of risk associated with the completion of the project both within the project scope and the timeline. Provides professional expertise to staff, departments, stakeholders, and guidance regarding standard process for project management.
• Reviews, analyzes and defines current/future state processes and contributes to the development of specifications and testing for all identified development, system modifications, and installations.
• Provides user support, advice and orientation. Develops content, as required, for training modules, delivers training, and provides and guidance to system users and department staff. Develops and maintains online course content as required. Develops and maintains various business processes, policies and procedures, as well as reference documentation such as user instructions, manuals, and reference materials.
• Provides support to colleagues and users during the development, maintenance and operation of various computer systems by performing duties such as troubleshooting system software problems and testing alternative solutions.
• Participates in the formal data collection and analysis to help identify system deficiencies and/or operational inefficiencies in order to report and develop new ways of improving business efficiencies including the data analysis related to business case developments, project proposals, and other key strategic and transformative initiatives.
A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Health Information Science, Computer Science, or a related discipline, plus five (5) years recent related experience which includes project planning, analysis and implementation. Public Service and Health Sector experience and knowledge an asset.
Demonstrated ability to carry out business process mapping and fit gap analysis. Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with the ability manage multiple interactions with multiple groups while working on multiple issues at the same time. Superior analytical, problem-solving and system analysis skills. Proven ability to plan and execute projects with stringent timelines. Ability to work effectively as part of a team. Demonstrated ability to provide professional expertise to staff, departments and BCEHS stakeholders, and guidance regarding standard processes for project management. Demonstrated ability to provide user support, advice and training, and other user liaison services
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) respects your right to privacy and takes seriously its responsibilities regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act of BC, section 26 (c). The personal information that we collect from you or about you when applying for a job with PHSA will be used to assess your qualifications and suitability as a potential employee of PHSA, as well as for the purposes of recruitment and onboarding. We may also collect and use additional personal information provided by you or your references in the course of the evaluation and hiring process that will become part of your employment file if you are a successful candidate
Your contact information, education and experience, desired job location and pay information, eligibility and availability, core skills, job functions, getting to know you responses, resumes, cover letters, references, pre-screening questionnaire responses and job application history is recorded in PHSA’s third-party applicant tracking system (“Brainhunter”)in Canada indefinitely and will be shared with our staff on a “need to know” basis. If you require access to your data, PHSA can provide a printout of your data and job application history. We do not sell or rent the information you provide to us to third parties. However, we do contract with a service provider to assist us in maintaining and managing our databases and to communicate with job applicants. We do not authorize this third party to make any other use of your information.
The service provider (“Brainhunter”) allows the option for you to delete your account after signing into the system. Before deletion you are advised with a warning. Your record is permanently purged / deleted from the respective site and the record will not be available in any searches. The job will have only the respective application information that you made previously
Your information is protected using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards used are firewalls, intrusion detection, physical access controls to our data centres, and information access authorization controls
If you have any questions about the management of your personal information during the recruitment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team at 604-875-7251, toll free 1-866-744-7363 or #260 – 1770 West 7th Avenue, Vancouver BC, V6J 4Y6. You may also contact External Recruitment at *******@phsa.ca