Business Operations Lead - #94842
Business Operations Lead425598BR
Job Category - PrimaryTechnology Solutions
Work LocationTD Centre - TD Tower - 66 Wellington Street West
Time TypeFull Time
We’re committed to providing fair and equitable compensation to all our colleagues. As a candidate, we encourage you to have an open dialogue with your recruiter and ask compensation related questions, including pay details for this role.
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Business Management, Strategy and Governance covers all TD business management, governance and control functions. Business and technology groups naturally team up to support a technology function leader or a segment CIO, with overall effectiveness as their guiding force. Experts focus on four main areas: 1. Business Performance, Financial and Technology Strategy, Planning & Coordination 2. Operational Effectiveness 3. Portfolio Program & Project Governance and Oversight, and 4. Business Governance and Controls.
There's room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
We are looking for someone to lead and manage a medium to large business management team or a diverse function in an area of moderate risk, complexity or scope. This mandate emphasizes short- to medium-term planning with attention paid to furthering an integrated approach with other business management areas and the broader organization. You’ll be valued and respected for your leadership and guidance. You’ll champion team success by setting targets and objectives and continually assessing team skills and capabilities to ensure we are always equipped to deliver exceptional results.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Develop, communicate and implement a holistic strategy for own specific business management function that supports the overall business strategy.
- Oversee, lead, manage and plan a diverse set of work activities involving the development and integrated implementation of policies, processes, procedures, changes across multiple functional areas.
- Identify issues and opportunities, understand trends and provide specialized business management advice to senior management and respective teams while raising industry, external and internal, enterprise and business awareness.
- Act as a strategic partner to effectively manage own business management area and clarify scope of accountabilities while influencing and aligning others as needed.
- Ensure an integrated and aggregated view of all related activities across the overall function providing escalations, recommendations, and decision support to leadership.
- Forecast initiatives and demand, prioritize with key stakeholders.
- Provide functional and business level communications to ensure messages to stakeholders and/or employees are consistent, appropriate and aligned to business strategies and executive management direction.
- Lead relationships with corporate and control functions to ensure alignment with enterprise and regulatory requirements.
- Support team in staying abreast of emerging issues, trends, regulatory requirements and potential impact to TD.
- Identify, assess, mitigate, report on and escalate key issues as required.
- Maintain a culture of risk management and control, supported by effective processes and sound infrastructure an in alignment with risk appetite.
- Ensure business operations comply with internal and external requirements (e.g. financial controls, duty segregation, transaction approvals, and physical asset control).
- May lead relevant governance meetings or committees and related deliverables / outcomes representing the business on governance and control issues.
- Provide coaching, development, succession, recruitment, resource management, team leadership, input into performance and development plans.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Undergraduate Degree.
- 7+ years relevant experience.
- Confidence and ability to lead and manage a significant business management functional area and overall operation of a diverse group in an area of moderate risk, complexity or scope.
- Commitment to ensuring there is an integrated approach with other business management areas, broader organization, and enterprise-wide.
- Readiness to focus primarily on short- to medium-term issues.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the business and technology, organizational practices and disciplines.
- Sound to advanced knowledge of external competition, industry and market trends in relation to your own function or business.
- Strength in interacting closely with business leaders to both optimize resources and leverage TD's operating model to maximize efficiency, effectiveness and scale.
- Leadership in growing team expertise to align with demand and TD's business and technology direction, assess team capabilities, identify ways to provide and enhance value delivered, set team targets and objectives to deliver amazing results.
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
Company OverviewOur Values
At TD we're guided by our purpose is to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues, and share a set of values that shape our culture and guide our behavior. In exchange for how our colleagues show up to help TD succeed, we are committed to delivering a colleague experience grounded in Impact, Growth and a Culture of Care. No matter where you work across TD, we empower you to make an impact at work and in your community, explore and grow your career and be part of our caring and inclusive culture
Making Your Well-being a Priority
A supportive culture that promotes colleague well-being is core to who we are. At TD, we focus on total well-being with extensive programs to help colleagues assess, manage, and improve their well-being across four core pillars — physical, financial, social and mental/emotional. In addition, we champion a safe and inclusive work environment so colleagues feel a sense of belonging and feel supported in their personal and professional growth. Through our focus on well-being, we know that we can help our colleagues thrive, contribute to our culture of care, and support better business outcomes, because when colleagues feel their best, they're more likely to do their best
Our Total Rewards Package
Our Total Rewards package reflects the investment we make in our colleagues to help them, and their families achieve their well-being goals. Total Rewards at TD includes a base salary, variable compensation, and several other key plans such as health and well-being benefits including medical, dental, vision & mental health coverage, savings and retirement programs, paid time off, banking benefits and discounts, career development, and reward and recognition programs
How We Work
At TD, we believe in-person connections fuel collaboration and collective creativity. Our workplace experience empowers colleagues to do great work side-by-side at TD locations, while offering flexibility to work remotely where it makes sense for the work and team. Our teams work in one of three workplace models: Hybrid, Onsite and Primarily Remote. Wherever our colleagues are working, they’ll always have access to the TD community and experience our culture of care
Who We Are
TD is one of the world's leading global financial institutions and is the fifth largest bank in North America by branches. Every day, we deliver legendary customer experiences to over 27 million households and businesses in Canada, the United States and around the world. More than 95,000 TD colleagues bring their skills, talent, and creativity to the Bank, those we serve, and the economies we support. We are guided by our vision to Be the Better Bank and our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues
TD is deeply committed to being a leader in customer experience, that is why we believe that all colleagues, no matter where they work, are customer facing. As we build our business and deliver on our strategy, we are innovating to enhance the customer experience and build capabilities to shape the future of banking. Whether you’ve got years of banking experience or are just starting your career in financial services, we can help you realize your potential. Through regular leadership and development conversations to mentorship and training programs, we’re here to support you towards your goals. As an organization, we keep growing – and so will you
InclusivenessOur Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At TD, we’re committed to fostering an environment where all colleagues are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, experience equitable opportunities, and feel respected and supported. We’re dedicated to building an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and the communities in which we live and serve.
Your accessibility is important to us. Please let us know if you’d like accommodations (including accessible meeting rooms, captioning for virtual interviews, etc.) to help us remove barriers so that you can participate throughout the interview process.
How We're Helping Make an Impact in Communities
TD has a long-standing commitment to help drive progress towards a more inclusive and sustainable future. That’s why we launched the TD Ready Commitment in 2018, now a multi-year North American initiative. Under the TD Ready Commitment, we are targeting a total of $1 billion by 2030 in community giving four key, interconnected drivers of change: Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities, and Better Health. It’s our goal to help support change, nurture progress, and contribute to making the world a better, more inclusive place for our customers, colleagues, and communities.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job FamilyBusiness Mgmt, Strategy & Governance
Careers Web Site CitiesCanada-Ontario-Toronto