Clerk - Pro Shop Attendant (Student) - #104805
City of Winnipeg
Golf Services is currently accepting applications for Summer Student positions. Most Summer Students will be required for the period of May through August, with April 15th being the earliest start date and September 15th being the latest release date.
All applicants must be available to start work on short notice and intend on returning to school at the end of season.
Under the direction of the Golf Course Operations Coordinator and/or Clerk 3, the Clerk Pro Shop Attendant (Student) is responsible for the performance of routine duties associated with the effective functioning of the pro shop, allocation of power and pull carts, customer service and basic upkeep and cleanliness.
As the Clerk - Pro Shop Attendant (Student), you will:
- Deliver customer service to citizens over the phone and in-person on a daily basis.
- Perform Pro Shop administrative duties including receiving reservations for tee times and golf tournaments, merchandising, record keeping and inventory control.
- Perform cashier duties including the use of credit and debit card terminals. Operates POS system on a daily basis. Sell merchandise as required.
- Perform duties such as sweeping, vacuuming, maintaining washrooms, cleaning around the club house, power cart maintenance, etc.
- Assist other golf course staff when necessary.
Your qualifications include:
- Customer service experience with the ability to meet customer needs and expectations.
- Golf course experience.
- Experience working in a golf course pro shop is preferred.
- Experience working in a retail environment is an asset.
- Verbal communication skills with the ability to deal effectively with the general public in sometimes challenging situations.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment and maintain effective working relationships with staff and stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and ensure accuracy of work.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (such as Excel, Email, Internet searches, etc.).
- Knowledge of the game of golf and the rules of golf.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful candidate must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful candidate possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense. To obtain Police Information Check information please visit https://www.winnipeg.ca/police/services/online-record-checks.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s License. The successful applicant will be required to provide a driver’s notice in force document upon request.
- Must be available to work various shifts, weekdays, evenings, nights and weekends including statutory holidays.
- Must be willing to be assigned to different golf courses dependent on operational requirements with duties performed dependent on facility.
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position, including standing for an extended period of time, bending, stooping, and carry up to 25 pounds.