Clinical Research Veterinarian - #94914
How to Apply?:
Interested candidates are asked to submit their application including a cover letter and CV online via the following link: https://vido.applytojobs.ca/veterinary services/26404 For more information visit: vido.org
Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization
Incorrect map location?
Hide the map
The Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization (VIDO), Canadas Centre for Pandemic Research, is a world leader in infectious disease research and vaccine development for humans and animals. Located at the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon, Canada, VIDO is one of the largest and most advanced containment facilities in the world.
We are seeking a Clinical Research Veterinarian to join our team. Reporting to the Veterinary Services Manager, the Veterinarian undertakes a range of clinical and surgical activities in the animal care area to support the development and implementation of protocols for specific research purposes.
Skills and Abilities
- Document use
- Oral communication
- Working with others
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Critical thinking
- Job task planning and organizing
- Computer use
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Licensure by provincial or territorial authorities
- Canadian Veterinary Medical Association Certification
- Supervise personnel
- Treat sick or injured animals by prescribing medication, setting bones, dressing wounds or performing surgery
- Inoculate animals to prevent diseases
- Conduct veterinary research