Commercial Sales Associate - #94713
Peoples Group is a boutique Financial Institution with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, and Montreal that has been in the Canadian marketplace for over 30 years. Our mission is to exceed our customers' expectations by providing exceptional customer service backed by extensive product knowledge and experience.
Our culture here at Peoples Group is formed by our values; Strength-Based, Relationship Focused, and Passionate Execution. We believe people don't choose a company to work for, they choose a company to join. We also believe that people come first and each day we strive to be willing, trustworthy, and creative.
About the work environment:
Peoples Group offers a flexible and hybrid work environment. In this role you will work a combination of in-office and remotely from home. Typically, you'll be working regular business hours, Monday to Friday between 8:00am and 4:30pm with flexibility around start & end time.
You are a real estate whiz. You can confidently navigate CMHC guidelines, and your superpower is analyzing and underwriting CMHC insured, conventional and commercial real estate loans. You have amazing communication skills and are at ease speaking with individuals from all levels of an organization, as well as external partners. You are comfortable speaking up when you don’t have all the answers and enjoy collaborating with your team to explore them. You are a forward thinker who thrives working in a fast-paced environment with a tightly knit team.
About you / qualifications:
- 3 years’ experience in the commercial real estate finance industry
- Strong understanding of commercial real estate markets in Canada and in particular for the Prairie Provinces
- Have knowledge of all aspects of CMHC policies, corporate lending policies and markets that the region is involved in
- Experience in Financial Statement analysis
- Bilingual in English and French is an asset
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to establish and set priorities
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Familiarity with AML and KYC requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
About the day-to-day:
- Evaluate and recommend conventional and CMHC mortgage loans in the Region in accordance with procedures and policy guidelines
- Coordinate with Account Manager and regional VP on new loan applications for all types of real estate transactions from inquiry stage to formal commitment
- Create and monitor monthly results reports, including inputting data through CRM
- Process mortgage renewals from initial contact to renewal approval and commitment, and to facilitate assumptions where appropriate
- Review appraisals, environmental and building condition reports and any other third-party reports in accordance with policy
- Process annual reviews of loans
- Be able to quantify the impact of loans by focusing on improving key metrics, KPIs, and maximizing ROI.
Help us get to know you better by answering our application questions! Your participation is an expected and essential part of our selection process.
NOTE: Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest; however only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Peoples Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.