Community Disability Support Worker 1 (CDSW1) - #104968
The Community Disability Services Worker (CDSW1 and CDSW2) are direct care community disability services roles. Their priority is to support and facilitate the development of skills and competencies that will assist persons with disabilities to pursue and fulfill their goals, objectives and aspirations. The CDSW will help implement a person-centered plan designed to support an individual’s development, community integrations and personal care. Primary tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting individuals to live a full and inclusive life in a meaningful way while helping establish and maintain natural supports within the community.
- Help the individuals in identifying and developing personal goals and assist in ongoing growth and development.
- Acting as a role model for appropriate social behaviours while encouraging individuals to seek out and maintain those important social connections.
- Assist in developing personal living skills in their home, in the community and while working at the job they love.
- Documenting clear and objective records and reports as required for reporting purposes.
- Working effectively as part of a collaborative team.
CDSW1 work within our regular programs and a CDSW2 works within our Complex Needs Programs.
A CDSW2 would support individuals with more complex behavioural needs. Therefore, a higher skill level, education, training and experience are required for these important roles. Wages are commiserate with education, training and experience.
CDSW1 and CDSW2 have great flexibility in hours worked, with day shifts, evening shifts, sleep shifts, weekend shifts, 24 hour and 48 hour agreements are all available. We have full-time, part-time and casual positions available.
OUR CDSWs are critical to the success of our individuals and require a positive attitude, relevant knowledge, pertinent skills and a willingness to acquire and develop new skills. Over time, a CDSW1 and a CDSW2 will require/acquire a broader skillset and/or specialty training to deal with more demanding situations.
Experience and education in the field are preferred, but we will train the right candidates with our in-depth, on-the-job training program.