Contract Administrator - #104938
Come Build Your Career at Aecon!
As a Canadian leader in infrastructure development, Aecon is safely and sustainably building what matters for future generations to thrive! We lead some of the most impactful infrastructure projects of our generation, at the forefront of transformational change in transportation and energy, and partnering every day to build, connect, power, and strengthen our communities.
At Aecon, you can count on:
- Safety First. Our number one core value. If we can’t do it safely, we don’t do it at all.
- Integrity. We lead by example, with humility and courage.
- Accountability. We’re passionate about delivering on our commitments.
- Inclusion. We provide equitable opportunities for everyone.
We lead the infrastructure industry with purpose, and our people are at the heart of everything we do. So, we invest in our people, just like they invest in us!
At Aecon we:
- Ensure you and your family receive the services needed to support your mental, emotional, and physical well-being
- Believe in helping you build your career through our Aecon University and Leadership Programs
- Are committed to supporting and investing in inclusive work environments, through initiatives like Equity, Diversity & Inclusion training, our Aecon Women in Trades and Aecon Diversity in Trades programs, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to ensure we are building inclusion into every aspect of our culture at Aecon.
- Are a leader in sustainable construction. With a strong commitment to operating responsibility by minimizing our impact on the environment and surrounding communities.
Our business success relies on strong execution and continuous improvement – driven by the diversity, expertise and teamwork of our people. We’re always searching the globe for innovative, collaborative minds to join our best-in-class Aecon community!
What is the Opportunity? Faster.Smarter.Safer. This is how Aecon Utilities is committed to delivering projects. Aecon Utilities is ready to become Canada’s #1 utility construction provider and we’re looking for a Contract Administrator to help us get there!
Under the supervision of the Proposal Manager, this role is responsible for the administration of contracts and subcontract agreements including acquiring project securities, insurance, and coordinating reviews and maintaining the contracts log
What You'll Do Here
- Facilitate contract administration by coordinating reviews, acquiring project bonds, insurance certificates, and other items as required.
- Administration of subcontract agreements.
- Manage and maintain notice of projects, certificates of insurance, project bonds, other securities and their renewals.
- Support in keeping accurate records on all active contracts.
- A self-motivated team player with 1 to 2 years of contract administration experience, preferably within the utilities construction industry.
- Experience in bonding and insurance.
- The ability to manage competing priorities in a deadline-orientated environment.
- Strong English language and writing skills, with a high attention to detail and the ability to proofread and edit content.
- Strong computer skills and expertise in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and SharePoint.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced/agile environment with competing priorities and capable of critical thinking and problem solving.
Aecon fosters diversity, inclusion and belonging within and across our organization. We welcome all to apply including, women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity
We are committed to adhering to the objectives and requirements outlined in the Accessible Canada Act (ACA), and to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, through the implementation of the requirements of the ACA and its applicable regulations. If you require accommodation under the ACA during any step of the application process please click here.