Coord, Sales & Catering-RRCR - #104775
Great Canadian Gaming
River Rock Casino Resort is recruiting for a Sales and Catering Coordinator. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of supporting sales and catering. Ensures adherence to all policies and procedures, develops strong relationships with the sales team and hotel operations, food and beverage and banquets. Other responsibilities include:
- Responds to inquiries (phone/email) and directs to the appropriate managers.
- Advises the guest/client of available facilities, menus and pricing.
- Maintains accurate and detailed records of events, guests, orders, payments and expenses
- Creates the Banquet Event Order for each event in conjunction with the Manager, Sales and Catering
- Compile and distribute Sales and Catering Reports
- Coordinate and attend Sales and Catering meetings
- Assists with mail outs and other sales initiatives
- Manages and resolves guest issues efficiently and promptly
- Liaises and communicates effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Post-Secondary education or suitable combination of education and experience
- SIR, Smart Serve or IGB Certificate
- Ability to exceed internal and external customer expectations through timely, effective and service oriented communication
- Superior skills in Microsoft Office: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with Opera/Fidelio, Micros an asset
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), interpersonal, organization and negotiation skills
- Extremely detail oriented and great time management.
- Self-motivated, has the ability to multi-task, and ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Live GCE’s values on the job: integrity, Team Engagement, Drive to Succeed, Service Excellence and Citizenship
- A passion for providing Great Experiences and Memories to our internal and external guests in the continual quest of achieving serving excellence
River Rock Casino Resort operates 24x7, candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule. The hours of work will be based on customer and business needs
Who we are!
GREAT ENTERTAINMENT. GREAT PEOPLE. GREAT INVESTMENT. GREAT CANADIAN.
Since our inception in 1982, Great Canadian has grown to be one of the largest and most dynamic gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. With 25 properties across Ontario, British Columbia, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick, our facilities include over 16,000 slot machines, 575 table games, 71 dining amenities and over 500 hotel rooms. Working closely alongside our crown agency partners, our team of 9,500 strive to offer the very best gaming, entertainment, dining, and hospitality experiences.
Our Vision is to be the leading gaming, entertainment, and hospitality company in our chosen markets by providing superior entertainment value and exceptional experiences.
Our Mission is to provide outstanding experiences to our guests, rewarding opportunities for our team, and superior value to our shareholders.
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to delight your clients!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top organizations around the world.
- Freedom to Innovate: supports new and better ways to be successful.
- Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength.
- This isn't your typical "corporate" job. We work hard and we have fun!
The only thing we don’t play games with…..is your career!
Great Canadian Entertainment is committed to promoting an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to employing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or disability.
Please note that due to the volume of applications, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you for your interest in Great Canadian Entertainment!