Coordinator, Transport - #95004
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Manager, Fleet Services, the Coordinator is responsible for the functions of Transport, within Island Health and its affiliated health organizations. Responsible for the provision of services within specified budgets. Provides direction, technical advice, and supervision to assigned program staff and represents the Employer in labour relations matters as required.
Travel may be a requirement of this position. Transportation arrangements must meet the operational requirements of the Vancouver Island Health Authority in accordance with the service assignment and may require the use of a personal vehicle.
Education, Training And Experience
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a three year post secondary program relating to logistics/material management such as Business Administration plus five (5) years' recent related experience in a healthcare environment including supervisory experience.
A valid driver's license and clear abstract is required.
Skills And Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of the courier industry and working knowledge of the Transport of Dangerous Goods legislation.
- Knowledge of Island Health's internal distribution needs, including service provisions to Laboratory Services, Pharmacy Services, Supply Chain, Health Records and others (or those in an equivalent healthcare environment)
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to use personal computer and use MS office suite of programs
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships will all levels of staff, external agencies and business community
- Ability to organize workload and work independently
- Ability to apply a strong sense of teamwork and principles of team building
- Ability to demonstrate good decision making /problem solving
- Ability to demonstrate strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with short time frames.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.