DAS Administrative Coordinator - #94887
DAS ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR:
($48,174.13 - $54,676.88 - Annually)
Reporting to the assigned supervisor, the DAS Administrative Coordinator is responsible for providing a variety of program and project administration and administrative services to a team within the Development and Asset Strategies Branch. He/she/they are required to perform the majority or all the following functions dependent to support assigned teams. The position works on programs and projects delivered by the Branch that are complex, multi-dimensional, and involve numerous stakeholders, requiring considerable judgment, and initiative on the part of the incumbents to effectively coordinate all administrative aspects of assigned projects to successful conclusion.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of a post-secondary diploma in business or program administration or other relevant discipline, including courses related to contract and accounting administration.
- Sound experience in a relevant subject area and in a comparable environment such as the housing, construction, or development industry.
- Sound experience with front-of-office experience with a development firm is required for certain positions.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound practical knowledge of program/project, accounting, and contract administration, including invitational and public procurement, and tendering practices
- Sound knowledge and understanding of accounting processes
- Sound practical knowledge of and proficiency in standard word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and other relevant applications including MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Some knowledge of construction processes, cash flow, budgeting, and scheduling
- Ability to read and review tender documents, change orders, and other contract documentation
- Ability to work independently as well as function effectively in a team environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, while responding to numerous diverse and shifting challenges without compromising the quality of the work
- Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy, and good judgment when dealing with a broad range of audiences
- Ability to find and implement creative and practical solutions to problems
- Strong analytical, research, and problem-solving skills
- Strong initiative, follow-through skills, and attention to detail
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
Indigenous candidates are welcome to connect with an Indigenous team member in our organization to discuss the recruitment process and our workplace, please contact ********@bchousing.org to arrange a call.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact ********@bchousing.org.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers
Have questions/issues about the application process? Please see our FAQ’s for some useful information.