Director of Care - #104829
The Director of Care is responsible for the coordination and scheduling of resident care activities in compliance with applicable legislation and the maintenance of an atmosphere conducive to achieving the optimal health and welfare of the residents and employees.
- Accountable for the highest standard of resident care and quality of life being provided for the residents in a funded Assisted Living SL4 environment t hrough the development and maintenance of appropriate care plans, effective supervision of the performance of nursing staff, provision of the required equipment and supplies and appropriate staffing pattern, nursing services, policies and procedures;
- Coordinate the hiring, orientation, continuing education, supervision, regular performance evaluation and if necessary termination of nursing staff. Review and approve relevant position descriptions;
- Assume responsibility for the Assisted Living SL4 overall operations in the absence of the Administrator;
- Assist in the orientation and staff development of staff in other departments;
- Convene and participate in meetings as necessary to ensure the effective management and operation of the Nursing Department;
- Acts as an ambassador and role model for the Assisted Living SL4 residence i n all interactions with the community, residents, visitors, staff and volunteers both within and outside of the facility;
- Set goals and objectives for resident care progress;
- Actively promote, support and assist in public relations and volunteer recruitment programs. Role model and promote collaboration and coordination of services/programs with community agencies and other health care providers.
- Foster a collaborative relationship and effective, proactive communication with Ministry of Health representatives, the community, physicians, coroner, pharmacist, health care facilities and other appropriate agencies or organizations, as related to Resident Care Services;
- Represent the Assisted Living SL4 residence a t seminars, workshops and other appropriate meetings;
- As an integral member of the site leadership team, participates in decision-making particularly in matters related to staff and resident health and safety.
- Minimum of 3 years management experience as an LPN; knowledge of Alberta Continuing Care Health Standards and experience working in an Assisted Living SL4 environment;
- Current certificate of competence with CLPNA as an LPN;
- Holds current first aid and CPR certification;
- Past experience demonstrating progressive leadership and hands-on approach to monitoring and evaluating resident care;
- Sound knowledge of infection control practices, adult education, and workplace safety is an asset;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation is essential, as are computer skills.
At Chartwell, we’re all about Making People’s Lives BETTER: the lives of our residents and their families, and the lives of our employees. Join an exceptional group of diverse, inspiring, and caring people who are empowered to provide personalized, human experiences for our residents and staff through the connections they make every day within our communities. Chartwell’s commitment to diversity and inclusivity is a commitment to hiring people whose skills and abilities contribute the most to the success of the organization and who reflect the communities in which we live and work. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from a wide range of qualified candidates, including people with disabilities. If you have questions or require assistance with the application process, please email [email protected] or call 1-888-663-6448. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.