Director, Real Estate Development & Transactions - Atl Director, Real Estate Development & Transactions - Atl Stellarton, Nova Scotia, CA, B0K 1S0 +2 more… Corporate Office Careers Sobeys - #104738
Requisition ID: 180987
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Real Estate Development & Transactions
Travel Requirements: 10 - 20%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia
City: Stellarton, Dartmouth
Location: Foord St. Office, Dartmouth Office, King St. Office
Our family of 131,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1,600 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
Ready to Make an impact?
We are searching for a teammate to join our Real Estate division at Sobeys in Atlantic Canada. We need a colleague with a strong knowledge of the retail market in Atlantic Canada. As the Director, Real Estate Transactions & Development, you will oversee and coordinate all aspects of the real estate development process whether the site is owned or leased (such as municipal approvals: Development Permits, development of site plan) over the life of projects.
Here’s where you’ll be focusing:
• Independently manage the real estate transaction process for Atlantic Canada including: network strategy, site searches, real estate acquisitions/leasing and dispositions (asset sales and subleasing)
• Lead all real estate contract negotiations, ensure national precedents are adhered to
• Manage lease renewal negotiations including rent and term extensions;
• Oversee and coordinate all aspects of the real estate development process whether the site is owned or leased (such as municipal approvals: Development Permits, development of site plan) over the life of the project;
• Manage the due diligence process for all real estate transactions, coordinating with required internal and external stakeholders to properly
• Strong collaboration with Legal, Finance, Engineering and Construction Department;
• Liaise with landlords, developers, and government agencies as needed, including maintaining day to day relationships with Crombie and other third party developers regarding new and existing developments
• Prepare business case presentations to support Senior Management Approval of major Capital Projects
• Strong interpersonal skills, able to cultivate strong relationships with key internal stakeholders
• Able to manage multiple tasks, well organized with strict adherence to deadlines and deliverables
What you have to offer:
- Undergraduate degree and at least eight (8) years of qualifying experience;
- Experience and negotiation skills;
- Knowledge of buying, selling, leasing agreements and drafting documents and clauses;
- Strong knowledge of the retail market in Atlantic Canada (Ideally knowledge of the food retail market);
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite.
We offer teammates competitive total compensation packages that will vary by role and location. Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization. We look forward to discussing the specific compensation details relevant to this role with candidates who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.