Dishwasher/ Utility - #94795
- $17.34/ hour
- Full Time
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan
- Free Employee parking
- Employee Meal Plan
Our Utility positions at SSP have the very important role of keeping our restaurants and units clean and sanitized for both our guests and our team.
If you enjoy creating a clean and safe environment for guests and take pride in a job well done, come check us out!
Here are a few things you can expect as a Utility at SSP Canada:
- Create a positive guest experience by cleaning and maintaining hygienic work areas
- Maintain the cleanliness of all surfaces and equipment (i.e., floors, ceiling tiles, walls, windows, worktables, hoods, vents, grills, refrigerators, service counters, storage areas, etc.)
- Removes refuse to designated areas.
- Clear and reset tables in dining areas between seatings, as needed and transports service-ware to the kitchen for cleaning
- Scrape food from dirty dishes, pots, and pans and wash them by hand or load dishwasher and return them to their proper storage place.
- Clean equipment using specific chemicals to meet sanitary standards; may include the use of heavy equipment
- Assist all guests with specific requests and communicate special needs to server/supervisor
- Load/unload supply trucks transferring between storage and work areas
- Stock, date, rotate, and check the temperature of food items
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Other Requirements
- 6 months' experience working in retail or food service environment
- High school diploma preferred
- Verbal and written communication
- Must be able to read, speak, and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests and receive instructions
- Experience in dealing with problems involving guest service
- Food handlers permit, as required by law
- Brand certification, as required
- Ability to stand and work in confined spaces for long periods of time
SSP Canada is an equal opportunity employer and complies with the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities, 2005 in our recruitment and employment practices. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, including the interview and assessment stage, due to a disability, please inform us of your need and the nature of the accommodation(s) that may be required.