Eng/Off - Tx//Dx Operating Tools - #104926
Hydro One Networks Inc
49110 - Barrie - Regular -
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
- Develop integrated computer based information solutions for business processes related to the secure operation of the transmission and/or distribution systems. This involves the analysis of operating requirements, the creation of functional specifications and the development of a total information solution (ie, including software, hardware, communications and business processes).
- Conduct the evolution of existing information systems and tools related to the economic operation, security and settlement of the transmission and/or distribution system by implementing enhancements to provide additional functionality, improved reliability/maintainability and problem correction.
- Identify opportunities for information solutions that will provide substantial benefits for transmission and distribution operations and the Company. Herein one must address the total solution in terms of communications, data sources, software tools, integration with existing functions, user interfaces, algorithms, etc.
- Conduct projects for the development and expansion of information systems and tools.
- Provide project management support to projects or teams involved in the expansion and improvement of transmission and/or distribution operation information systems and tools.
- Develop a close customer relationship to identify potential improvements to existing systems and to identify new information system requirements.
- Participate in the development of strategic plans and standards.
- Act as a consultant or mentor to peers to advance their learning and facilitate their problem solving skills within their respective area of expertise.
- Perform other duties as required.
Requires knowledge of basic science, physics, applied mathematics, computer science and the like to carry out technical, economic or analytical studies related to the management and control of the bulk transmission system.
Requires a knowledge of technical writing to prepare effective reports.
This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the successful completion of a four-year university education in the appropriate discipline, or by having the equivalent level of education.
Requires extensive experience with power system operation as might be acquired through experience in positions related to the power system operation.
Requires specific experience as applicable to the particular specialty of the group.
Experience will be related to the fields of (a) secure operation of bulk transmission system, (b) reliability,(c) means of operation including control equipment, staffing, techniques and procedures for the practice of operating. Such expertise will be in the areas of (1) design concepts as they relate to the functions and characteristics of power system components,(2) analytical studies and the application of computer techniques to solving power system problems ,(3) familiarity with power system operation, practices and policies,(4) district operating and system requirements,(5) concepts of power system operation including technical features of equipment and facilities, high-tension transmission and system interchange between systems.
A period of over 8 years and up to and including 10 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2024.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected]. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: February 26, 2024
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
Job Segment: Technical Writer, Telecom, Telecommunications, Computer Science, Project Manager, Technology