Executive Assistant, Administration - #104791
St. Joseph's Health Care London
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
The Executive Assistant, Vice President is a highly organized, proactive, and detail-oriented professional responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support to the Vice President, Research and Scientific Director. They ensure the smooth functioning of the office by managing scheduling, coordinating meetings, travel and events, and facilitating communication between the Vice President and various internal and external stakeholders.
The Executive Assistant provides confidential functional administrative support to the Vice President (VP) to ensure the efficient operation of their office. Duties include the management of daily correspondence, scheduling for the VP and answering a variety of inquiries related to the VP's portfolio and strategic leadership. The Executive Assistant performs all duties with a strong focus on providing excellent customer service and maintains high levels of confidentiality at all times. This position may also provide administrative support to various committees of the Board of Directors and organizational strategic committees as required. This position is considered a support to aid with the senior leadership activities, functions and work and will provide this support across portfolios as required.
- Bachelor's degree in: Business Administration, Health Sciences or similar discipline (willing to consider applicants with combination of experience and education)
- 5 years progressive administrative support to a Director or Manager. Provision of support to a senior leader or executive preferred.
- Demonstrated intermediate computer skills, particularly with MS Office Suite products including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA)
- Strong understanding and commitment to confidentiality with demonstrated ability to exercise high levels of discretion and diplomacy when handling or exposed to sensitive information
- Superior organizational, negotiation and communication/customer service skills with strong ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Self-directed with excellent time management skills and initiative to effectively manage conflicting and multiple priorities, tasks and deadlines
- Set goals, effectively create and implement action plans, and monitor to achieve goals
- Demonstrated professionalism; ability to network, develop and maintain collegial relationships
- Superior communication skills and proactively identify situations where escalation is necessary
- Ability to make decisions independently and exercise good judgment
- Ability to share information with VP's direct reports as appropriate
- Excellent minute taking skills and ensures follow up items are completed
- Highly proficient in full Microsoft Office Suite products including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- May require travel within the catchment area
- Medical or Office Administration program
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's, you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine (primary series, boosters and/or XBB) OR one dose of XBB vaccine at least 14 days prior to the start date.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: February 09, 2024
Submission deadline: February 15, 2024
Jennifer Pasichnyk, Human Resources
Only those under consideration will be contacted.