Executive Assistant II - #104879
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT IIOFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
Competition No. 24.02.37CATEGORY SALARY CLOSING DATE
Full-Time Continuing (35 hours per week) $50,861 to $74,597 per annum A review of applications will begin February 20, 2024, and continue until a suitable candidate is found
About UsMacEwan University is where caring faculty help people connect their passions to their future paths. Located in the heart of Edmonton's diverse and dynamic downtown community, and on the traditional lands of Treaty 6 First Nations and homelands of the Métis people, MacEwan is known for exceptional undergraduate learning. With its dedication to teaching excellence, informed by scholarly research, innovation, and creative activity, MacEwan provides an exceptional collaborative and supportive learning environment with a commitment to human rights, environmental sustainability, and opportunities for community engagement. We are committed to creating an equitable, diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community for all peoples, cultures, and identities
Our comprehensive undergraduate university offers 59 programs to more than 18,000 full- and part-time students in business, communications, community and human services, design, fine and performing arts, health, humanities, natural science, nursing, public safety, and social science. Through a wide array of experiential learning opportunities, and strategic relationships in the community, we partner with others to produce graduates of stature. Along with a robust grounding in their chosen disciplines, MacEwan students are given durable life skills that prepare them to take on the world
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled Executive Assistant to be part of a dynamic team, in a full-time continuing appointment at MacEwan University. As a key member of the Office of the President team, you will work closely with others to ensure the President is well-scheduled and prepared to participate in events, meetings, speaking engagements, travel, and other activities of strategic importance. Reporting to the Executive Coordinator, you will often be the first point of contact for the Office. The diverse and proactive on-site support you provide will include first-class calendar management, triaging issues and solving problems, addressing inquiries, and responding to emails and correspondence. Your tact, diplomacy, and professionalism will be essential to the trusted and confidential support you provide the President and the Chief of Staff.
- Strong organizational, communication, and decision-making skills;
- Strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in completing tasks;
- Tact and diplomacy skills;
- Excellent relationship-building and communication skills;
- Strong time management skills, able to manage competing priorities;
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding office environment;
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure while meeting deadlines; and
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- A minimum of a diploma in Office Administration with advanced level training in Microsoft Office
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible administrative assistant experience, with at least 2 years experience supporting senior-level management.
- Experience in a post-secondary or government is considered a strong asset.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
When you become part of the MacEwan team, you will enjoy a competitive salary. Our total compensation package includes:
- Competitive base pay
- Generous vacation time
- Secure pension plan
- Flexible benefits package
- Continuous learning culture
- Opportunities for career growth