Executive Assistant to the President and Chief Executive Officer, ALIA - #94682
Alberta Lawyers Indemnity Association
Alberta Lawyers Indemnity Association (“ALIA") is a dynamic non-profit corporation that both protects participating lawyers and compensates members of the public who suffer losses due to the actions of those lawyers.
ALIA operates as a separate financial entity from the Law Society of Alberta, ALIA’s sole shareholder, which regulates Alberta’s legal profession in the public interest. ALIA is overseen by a Board of Directors.
Success in this position requires excellent organizational skills, extraordinary attention to detail, reliability, trustworthiness, and an ability to work well symbiotically and individually.
As a key member of the ALIA team, the Executive Assistant (“EA”) to the President and Chief Executive Officer of ALIA (“CEO”), is expected to perform various duties in administration and administrative management.
To provide support to the CEO effectively and efficiently, the EA will:
- Prepare, format, proofread, and edit correspondence, reports, presentations, spreadsheets, memoranda, templates, etc. and ensure their accuracy, completeness, and professional appearance.
- Manage the CEO’s calendar and email through efficient and strategic scheduling, and triage of incoming requests and competing priorities.
- Assist the CEO in preparation for key meetings.
- Prepare agendas, take notes, and distribute materials for ALIA meetings chaired by the CEO.
- Monitor tasks delegated and assigned by the CEO to ensure that work is completed within reasonable timeframes.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of how the organization functions.
- Make travel arrangements, prepare expense reports, and process invoices
- Assist with special projects.
- Make a positive contribution to a high performance, results-orientated – yet fun – culture.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience.
- A positive, energetic, self-starter attitude.
- A strong moral compass and the ability to protect confidentiality.
- The ability to work consistently at the highest quality level.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite.
- The ability to independently draft correspondence and other documents with a strong focus on detail, excellent grammar, and accuracy.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication, time management, listening, and organizational skills.
- Confidence and a professional and respectful demeanor, even in complicated and difficult situations.
- Experience dealing with uncertainty, change, and problem-solving.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, working independently with minimal supervision, and with a senior executive.
- Occasional flexibility with work hours during peak periods.
- A desire and capability for growth to meet additional requirements that may be added to this position over time by mutual agreement.
What We Offer
- Comprehensive compensation package including employer-funded benefits and group RRSP plan contributions.
- Work-life balance benefits that allow you to balance your career and personal commitments.
- Access to a free onsite gym and tenant lounge.
- Private Reflection Rooms to observe religious or cultural beliefs, meditate or take a mental health break.
- Professional development opportunities.
We also offer a flexible hybrid working environment. In-office attendance is required on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays with the option to work remotely on Mondays and Fridays. You are also more than welcome to continue to work four or five days in the office if that is your preference.
Having multiple in-office days allows room for collaboration, social connections, mentorship and cross-departmental interaction, while remote days still allow you to manage your work-life balance effectively.
Alberta Lawyers Indemnity Association and the Law Society of Alberta value diversity in its workforce and equal access to opportunity. All inquiries and applications will be handled with the highest level of confidentiality. Please include an attachment of your cover letter and resume with your application.