First Nations, Metis, Inuit Candidates- Personal and Business Banking - #94788
CIBC - Indigenous Recruitment
The following job posting and assessment questions were crafted by Kiinago Biinoogi Muskiiki (‘Our Children’s Medicine’ in English) in consultation with Indigenous Elders, Knowledge Keepers and other members of the community. Applications housed on this platform provide a unique opportunity for First Nations, Métis and Inuit job seekers to have the option of sharing their whole selves with potential employers, including their lived experience and transferable skills. For more information, visit ourchildrensmedicine.ca
What you'll be doing
As a member of the Personal and Business Banking team, you’ll work in a fast-paced Banking Centre where you’ll make a meaningful difference in our clients’ lives. As a Financial Services Representative, you’ll foster key relationships with clients, understand their financial and personal goals, provide informative and tailored service, and recommend the right products and solutions that will help their financial success. You’re flexible to work our banking centre hours which may include evenings and weekends. To help deliver a great client experience, you’re flexible to work at multiple banking centres within a reasonable travel distance.
At CIBC we enable the work environment most optimal for you to thrive in your role. To successfully perform the work, you’ll be on-site full-time.
How you'll succeed
Client engagement - Meet with clients to understand their personal and business priorities, advise them on solutions, and provide a forward-looking financial plan. Use your knowledge of cash management, credit, investment and wealth protection to help clients meet their goals.
- Relationship building - Engage in marketing and outreach activities to show clients you value them and their communities. Grow your network, deepen existing relationships, and work as one team to ensure clients are connected to the right people and opportunities.
- Leveraging technology - Become a technology expert. Share your knowledge by introducing clients to our mobile banking applications, helping them to better manage their banking needs.
What CIBC offers
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
- We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, a health benefits program, defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program
- Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients
- We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it’s the right thing to do.
- You’re goal oriented. You’re motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make a difference.
- You know that details matter. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You’re passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships, and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity.
- You love to learn. You’re passionate about growing your knowledge, and you know that there is no limit to what you can achieve.
- You’re a certified professional. You have current accreditation and good standing Mutual Funds License (Canadian Securities Course or Investment Funds In Canada).
- You can demonstrate 1 year experience in working with clients and achieving sales results. It’s an asset if you have prior banking experience in a similar capacity.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
At CIBC, we are in business to help our clients, employees and shareholders achieve what is important to them. Our ability to create value for all CIBC stakeholders is driven by a business culture based on common values: Trust, Teamwork and Accountability. Working with CIBC makes you a part of a work environment committed to our clients, employees and communities - a place where you can excel.