Fraud Detection Analyst (1 year Contract) - Tangerine - #86841
Requisition ID: 185219
Tangerine is Canada’s leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It’s important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
As Canada’s leading digital bank, Tangerine technology is at the heart of everything we do. We have redefined what digital banking is, and we continue to evolve to tackle any opportunity and face every challenge through progressive technology and the power of collaboration.
Do you like new challenges? Are you ready to reach new heights in your career and become part of an established disruptor? If so, come join us and help redefine the Canadian banking landscape!
What you will be doing:
The Fraud department is a centralized unit dedicated to the detection and prevention of fraud while ensuring an excellent customer experience. The Loss Prevention function operates on a 24/7 inbound and outbound environment. As front-line Detection Analyst, you will play a critical role in delivering an excellent customer experience whilst protecting customer assets. You will be instrumental in enhancing and protecting customer relationships through account monitoring and transaction verification. The Fraud Detection Analyst will report directly to the Team Lead, Fraud Operations
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
• Detect, prevent and monitor fraudulent activity with respect to the Bank’s day-to-day banking products by:
o Analyzing alerts generated by various fraud detection tools and assessing the probability that fraud is occurring.
o Making decisions, based on the analysis completed, to block the account or reduce the limit on the card or to contact the cardholder to discuss the activity.
o Create detailed fraud claims cases and dispute cases for review and work by the Senior Fraud Analyst team
o Working closely and effectively with the rest of the Fraud Detection Analysts in sharing information and trends to ensure large scale fraud trends are identified and actioned quickly.
o Working effectively with the team to identify the potential points of compromise to minimize risk to the Bank and our customers
o Escalating new/emerging fraud trends to management so that new fraud strategies can be implemented
o Reviewing fraud caught and missed daily to ensure continuous improvement in fraud detection
o Maintaining knowledge and understanding of all procedures, products & services related to role
• Achieve and maintain required service level standards by:
o Operating at optimal efficiency to ensure individual and departmental productivity goals are attained
o Responding to incoming telephone and written inquiries from customers as required
o Communicating with other Bank departments to resolve inquiries relative to fraud issues and/or complaints
o Strictly adhering to schedules thereby ensuring prompt customer service and response time.
o Follow customer problem resolution process to take ownership of customer concern and resolving customer issues at first point of contact.
o Accurately completing fraud reports with all required information to facilitate the expeditious adjudication of fraud file
• Minimize Fraud risk and losses by adhering to Tangerine’s policy, procedures and key controls;
• Prioritize and process customer requests (i.e. inquiries, transactions, case work) in a timely manner
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champion a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We'd love to work with you if you have:
• A high school diploma or equivalent; post-secondary education in business or other related disciplines is as asset
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience in the Financial industry
• Previous experience in working in a fraud function an asset
• Working knowledge Fraud Detection/AML software applications
• Fluent in French is considered an asset
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment where processes and procedures are constantly refined
• Ability to work effectively as an individual and in a team, with minimal supervision
• Ability to remain professional and empathize with the situation of an irate and/or upset customer
• Strong listening skills with the ability to assess the needs and concerns of the customer
• Strong verbal written and communication skills in English
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
What's in it for you?
• You will be part of a diverse and inclusive team of Client-focused go-getters looking to learn from each other in an environment that celebrates and recognizes success!
• You will have access to thousands of online and in person courses so you can shape your career growth with the support from diverse industry leaders.
• You will get our help to save for your future and to invest in your total wellbeing through our Tangerine benefits*.
• You belong here, we are equal and un-complicated. Bring your true self to work, dress codes don’t apply here.
• You will enjoy workspace flexibility and all the excitement that comes from working at the official Bank of the Toronto Raptors.
*Tangerine employees participate in Scotiabank’s pension & benefits programs (available to permanent employees)
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.