Health & Safety Specialist - #104889
The Specialist, Safety and Risk reports to Vice President of Human Resources and is responsible to recommend, implement and coordinate safety and loss control functions of the organization. Maintain and manage safety programs to reduce worker injuries, occupational illnesses, and exposure to long-term health hazards. This will be accomplished through safety-training of Directors, Supervisors and Managers, planned inspections, skill training, first-aid care, emergency preparedness, proper job instruction, new employee orientation, physical protection, planned job observation, rules and practices, job analysis/procedures and protective equipment. Identify causes of past and potential accidents and develop and implement corrective measures while maintaining compliance with governmental regulatory agencies. Assist in the investigations of casualty incidents.
Key Job Responsibilities
Incident Investigation and Setup
- Coordinates investigations and educate the reporting process for all Auto/General Liability and Employee incidents.
- Ensure proper incident root causation and investigation materials are captured for third party claim adjusters and Risk Management department.
- Conduct inspections or audits to manage and mitigate deficiencies and citations, as well as training in root causation investigation procedures.
Safety Program Administration and Compliance
- Revise, implement, administer and manage enforcement of policies and procedures to establish and promote safe employee job behavior and conditions using existing Encore Canada programs, policies and procedures. Such policies and procedures shall be regularly reviewed to assure compliance with all jurisdictional required safety regulations. In coordination with the Global Risk Management Department.
- Review all job activities for compliance with safety related requirements, such as those promulgated by OH&S, ANSI, NEC, NFPA, Transport Canada/FMSCA and other relevant industry standards.
- Identify high hazard job exposures to assure Encore’s ”Best in Class” safe work practices are being met.
Safety Program Communication, Implementation and Reporting
- Implement communications and tools to assure safety information is conveyed to all employees. Such strategies will include but not be limited to teamwork with Operations management on a regular basis.
- With resource assistance from Risk Management and Global Learning departments to begin to consult, coach, encourage and lead the development and maintenance of a culture committed to safety throughout the Encore workforce.
- Generate reports for safety performance results on a monthly and quarterly basis by working with Global Risk Management and other departments.
- Summarize YTD safety performance results and trends compared to the previous year. Such reports shall integrate loss costs into relevant metrics that are correlated to profit and loss calculations by Location and/or by Region.
- Coordinates with operations management and corporate support departments to develop Safety Committees with regular meetings and safety program status reports/graphs provided for each meeting.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience required.
- 2 to 5 years experience in Safety, Claims or Risk Management. Or equilvent event industry experience with safety a partial job responsibilty.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Word required.
- Proven skills in organization, process management and financial analysis.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently, and as a team member.
- Strong ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- OH&S compliance (safety training and program design) and auditing.
- Policy and procedure development.
Competency Group 1
Deliver World Class Service
Do The Right Thing
- Instills Trust
- Safety Conscious
- Action Oriented
See The Big Picture
- Tech Savvy
- Communicates Effectively
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based in an office environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.