Hilti Store Representative - #94735
What's the role?
The Hilti Store Representative is responsible for managing and operating a Hilti Store while maximizing walk-in sales and smaller field accounts while simultaneously providing a high level of customer service (95% order fill rates). All activities are performed with the ultimate objective of providing Total Customer Satisfaction and driving the Hilti Brand.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
What does the role involve?
- Sell, service, and promote the full Hilti product line directly to walk in customers and smaller field accounts; create innovative ways to drive sales through merchandising and product demo efforts
- Review and analyze all shipping documents and sales trends; identify and make corrections to ensure correct inventory levels are on hand to drive sales
- Post receipts, disbursements, and material returns; review reorder recommendations to ensure adequate replenishment of the Hilti Store
- Expedite customer backorders and switch to locations that meet customers’ delivery requirements with the most cost-effective mode of transportation
- Reconcile opening, closing, and annual physical inventories for the Hilti Store
- Audit Hilti Store cycle counts, backorders, unconfirmed orders, and manual stock status transactions to ensure inventory levels are correct and consistent
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and storefront at all times; keep assigned equipment in good order
- Additional duties as assigned
93% of our people say they’re proud to work for Hilti, thanks to the quality of our products and the way we look after our people
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive base salary, we offer a robust benefits package including a generous paid time off policy that includes vacation, personal days, health & wellness, and 2 days per year to give back in your local community, paid family leave, educational reimbursement and student loan assistance, RRSP matching, medical/dental/vision coverage, and a variety of other benefits to fit the needs of our employees.
We will give you the tools you need to succeed through hands-on integration training and will support your continued professional development through ongoing training and mentoring, targeted leadership programs, and opportunities for international assignments in any of the 120+ countries in which we operate.
What you need is:
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Ability to lead change and adapt to a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to gather and analyze appropriate information to develop and implement effective strategies
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to grow a loyal customer base in a retail setting while strengthening the company’s position and market share
- Ability to analyze information to help identify targeted customers and create business plans to identify customers’ potential where gaps exist in current purchasing habits
- Ability to properly care for and maintain company assets (e.g. company product)
- Ability to effectively demonstrate the proper use of Hilti products to customers
- Ability to work with all departments to be a successful Hilti Store Representative (materials management, logistics, credit, marketing, technical services, and customer service)
- Understanding of MS Office to manage, analyze, and develop business plans to effectively grow sales
- Understanding of the process for getting things done in a matrix organization
- Basic understanding of sales through multiple channels
- Basic understanding of consultative selling techniques
- Mechanical aptitude preferred
- Some experience with reading and understanding construction documents preferred
- After successful completion of the Hilti Store Representative Development Program, the next position will usually require a move; we are a global sales and marketing organization, geographic flexibility is a must.
Who should apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your backgroundWorking Conditions: Working conditions include a combination of retail store, hands-on training exercises, meetings, workshops, and presentations. Occasional travel may be required and could include sales calls to customers’ offices and/or jobsites. Adverse Working Conditions:
- Hands-on training requires the use of power tools in simulated jobsite conditions
- Job requires walking on construction sites and uneven surfaces, and may include climbing scaffolding, ladders, and stairs during all seasons of the year
- Construction jobsites may expose Hilti Store Representatives to excessively loud noises; ear protection is strongly encouraged and may be required on some jobsites
- Hardhat, safety vest, safety glasses, gloves, steel toe boots, and long pants required for working jobsites
- Must observe and abide by any and all safety regulations as required by Hilti, OSHA, and General Contractors
- Must be able to walk on construction projects, climb scaffolding, and lift and carry up to 65 pounds of Hilti product