HOUSEKEEPER - #104965
Position SummaryWe are currently looking for a hard working and dedicated Housekeeper to fill a Casual position at the Fort St. John
Under the general direction of the Manager, Support Services (or designate), performs housekeeping duties such as sweeping, mopping floors, vacuuming, dusting, laundry and washing walls, windows and ceilings
Fort St. John is known as “The Energetic City,” which reflects the large resource base of oil, natural gas, forestry and agriculture. Overlooking the Peace River, the town of Fort St John is located above the Peace River Valley and serves as the capital of the Peace River district. The population of Fort St. John is over 21,400 but it services an area of approximately 70,000. The community is the hub of the Northeast with a cultural centre and library, theatre, and art space. There are seven elementary schools, two middle schools, and one secondary school. There is also a Northern Lights College campus. Check out Fort St. John for more information on what this energetic community has to offer
What Northern Health has to offer you!
- Comprehensive benefit packages including extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
- Three weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
- Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
- Employee referral program
- Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
- “Loan Forgiveness Programs” are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions.
As part of your application process, you will need to upload the following documentation:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Registration number (if you are part of a regulated profession)
- Any supporting documents regarding education/qualifications for this position. Examples may include:
- Program certificates or diplomas
- High school/college/university transcripts etc.
- It is also recommended to provide a cover letter and resume
- Completion of Grade 12.
- Building Service Worker Certificate.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Or other Qualifications determined to be reasonable and relevant to the level of work.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize work and work well without close supervision.
Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation’s communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
FORT ST. JOHN HEALTH UNIT
Fort St. John
FSO ASSISTED LIVING NON-
MANAGER, SUPPORT SERVICES OR DESIGNATE
$21.85 - $23.38
FEBRUARY 19, 2024