Human Resource Consultant - #94748
Red River Mutual
PURPOSE OF POSITION : The Human Resource Consultant will provide day to day support and administration to the Human Resources department and the Company in all aspects of the employee lifecycle. In addition, this role assists the Human Resource Manager in identifying and executing on HR related improvements and changes within the company
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS :
- Conduct full-cycle recruitment and selection with an emphasis on supporting a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Manage the job requisitions, job postings and job descriptions within the HRIS.
- Act as the primary administrator of the HRIS
- Coach employees and leaders on effective HR policies and practices, operational matters and escalating complex issues where appropriate.
- Assist with the administration of the leave of absence/return to work processes
- Assist with evaluating and implementing workplace accommodations and ergonomic assessments
- Manage the pension and benefits enrollment and education processes
- Manage and develop internal corporate HR communications
- Manage the company staff scholarship program
- Manage the company’s annual ‘take your kid to work day’ program
- Manage employee personnel files and maintaining accurate records
- Assist with the administration of the Pension Committee documentation
- Assist with employee on-boarding and off-boarding administration
- Assist with corporate policy updates
- Assist with the creation of educational material to be distributed throughout the company
- Assist with the development of a formalized corporate learning and development strategy
- Maintain the administration and scheduling of insurance-based examinations
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or related field (Business Degree, Certificate in Human Resource Management or equivalent)
- Valid class 5 driver’s license, proof is required.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in full cycle recruitment and selection
- Experience in developing, coaching, motivating and mentoring others
- Ability to work under pressure and in unexpected situations
- Strong decision-making abilities
- Demonstrate strong integrity and respect for the confidentiality/privacy of employees and information.
- Ability to foster a positive teamwork environment
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain effective working relationships
- Adept problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organization, prioritization and time management skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and emotional intelligence skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Willing to undergo a background check
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request any time during the recruitment process. Our Accessible employment policies and practices are available on request and in accessible formats. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats of communication and/or request an alternative method of applying for a position by contacting [email protected] or 1-800-370-2888 (toll free).