Instrumentation & Controls Engineer - #104682
Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions
The collective expertise and passion of our people, combined with a broad portfolio of over 10,000 technologies, makes us uniquely positioned to deliver solutions that positively impact the environment. Come be part of something special - start your journey today!
As an Instrumentation and Controls Engineer, you will be responsible for development, implementation, and troubleshooting of control system philosophy, selection of instrumentation, and programming of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Human-Machine-Interface stations, SCADA or other control systems for water treatment equipment.
What you will be responsible for:
- Utilize design documents including Control Logic Diagrams, Shutdown Keys, Loop Diagrams, Instrument Indices, Setpoint Lists, DCS and PLC Design documents to commission and troubleshoot control systems
- Develop and/or redline P&IDs, electrical drawings/schematics, control documents, and transfer lists
- Interface with customers regarding I&C designs and submitted design documents.
- Understand and assess client problems and determine appropriate means of solution
- Perform control system factory acceptance tests with Clients and client-designated representatives.
- Work cross-functionally between Projects, Products and Services P&Ls
- Setup and troubleshoot Ethernet based networks to allow connectivity for remote monitoring and/or remote support.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers with escalated controls and programming issues
- Provide technical guidance and review for the sales and commercial teams around proposal development for customers (Upgrades, Modifications, Modernizations, Process/Operational Changes, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
What will you bring to the table (Skills/Experience Required):
- Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology or 5 years' experience designing and commissioning instrumentation and control equipment in power plants, chemical process facilities, petroleum refineries or wastewater treatment plants, minimum of
- 3 years' experience specifically commissioning DCS, PLC or SCADA Control Systems.
- Ability to travel in support of domestic and international trips; anticipated travel roughly 20% to 30%
- Ability to support work at remote construction sites: ability to access equipment via ladders & stairs, lift 30 lbs wear and use Personal Protective Equipment
- Strong expertise in at-least one automation platform (AB, GE-IP, Modicon, Siemens) and the IEC61131-3
- Working experience and understanding of fieldbus networks (Controlnet, Devicenet, Foundation Fieldbus)
- Familiarity with the concepts of cyber security for industrial control systems
- Prior experience and knowledge of water treatment systems and equipment. UF, RO, EDR, EDI, Ion Exchange, pumps, motors, FDA, filtration, and chemical feed systems preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and remotely with project teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to meet all customer site requirements
Physical requirements/work environment:
- Ability to stand/sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to view computer screens for extended periods of time
- Manual dexterity to assemble, disassemble, and adjust various components of an automation system as part of any FAT/pre-commisisoning work
- Navigating through tight spaces, climbing ladders, stairs, and accessing equipment located at different heights or levels when visiting customer sites.
- Split between working remote or in an office environment and on a plant site (industrial, municipal, etc) with varying levels of PPE requirements.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits working in a dynamic environment with challenging projects and training provided to ensure your success.
We realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We're an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every level and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace!