Intern - Engineering & Construction - #86835
Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Construction Management (EPC / EPCM) services in Canada.
For 40 years we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada’s most challenging and complex energy, mining, infrastructure and nuclear projects, with an unrelenting focus on safety and quality. Bantrel performs design and procurement services from our primary Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto office locations and delivers construction management and self-perform construction services at various Client sites across Canada.
We operate independently but leverage the global expertise of and provide resources to our affiliate Bechtel Corporation, one of the largest EPC companies in the world, and remain Canadian focused including through our other shareholder, McCaig Investments, a respected local family group of businesses and deep community supporter. Our private ownership provides long-term business planning and strategic decision horizons supported by a strong financial position.
In this full time permanent role, you will be a champion of diversity and inclusion.
Bantrel has an exciting Internship opportunity at our Toronto Corporate Centre for a Civil, Mining, or Construction Engineering student.
Development opportunities (may include and are not limited to):
- Be given opportunities to contribute to Bantrel’s growth initiatives and participate on the execution of key construction project as well as proposals and project delivery tasks.
- Work on problems and gain experience relevant to your field of study in a site and office environment.
- Collaborate with diverse teams.
- Work in an exciting environment where you can apply your academic learning daily.
- Benefit from formal and informal mentorship from some of the leading minds and authorities in the industry.
Duties & Responsibilities (may include and are not limited to):
- Work independently and as part of a team to complete project specific deliverables.
- Become knowledgeable with engineering design and practical applications at site and in the office.
- Work collaboratively in a multi-discipline environment to deliver the best solution.
- Assist the construction and engineering teams with their responsibilities to provide the best possible results for our client.
Competencies (knowledge, skill, attributes):
- Good understanding of engineering and business fundamentals as they apply to engineering problems and projects.
- Ability to learn quickly and to take on new challenges.
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Shows critical and creative thinking and problem solving and brings forward solutions.
- Adapts and embraces change.
- Able and willing to work in a site or office environment.
- Must be enrolled in either a Civil, Mining, or Construction Engineering program at an accredited university.
- Students must be local to Toronto and the surrounding area as no relocation assistance or allowance will be provided.
- Excel academically while being actively involved in extra-curricular and/or volunteer activities at school or in the community.
- Interest in engineering design, large complex projects, and site construction.
- Previous work experience will be considered an asset.
Note: Applicants must submit a transcript (official or unofficial) upon application.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.