INTERNAL/EXTERNAL - Afterschool Care Driver - CLASS 4*, auxiliary - #94718
West Shore Parks and Recreation
Internal/External Job Posting
West Shore Parks & Recreation Society (WSPRS) is looking for dedicated, passionate, and energetic staff to
join our team as a CLASS 4* Unrestricted, afterschool care driver for the kids of the Westshore.
WSPRS offers competitive wages, an additional 14% in pay per hour in lieu of benefits, a complimentary staff
membership to the recreation centre (valued at $499) that includes drop in access to our weightroom, fitness
classes, pool and skating rink, as well as the ability to play on our 9-hole golf course.
We also offer flexible work schedules and opportunities to cross train and work in other areas, if desired. No
matter how many hours you are looking to work, we are willing to work with you to create a fit for your life
and once hired, you will have access to all internal only postings. WSPRS believes in first recruiting internally to
be able to offer as many hours to existing staff as possible.
POSITION: CLASS 4* Unrestricted Drivers – Afterschool Care (multiple positions)
SALARY: $23.70 per hour = $20.79 per hour plus 14% in lieu of benefits (2023 rates)
CLASSIFICATION: JB05, Program Instructor III
HOURS OF WORK: 1-5 days per week, Monday to Friday, 1:15 to 3:15PM for the school year. An
opportunity to work additional hours in-program as a leader also exists, if desired.
Please discuss availability in your application.
CLOSING DATE: December 4th, 2023, at 12:00PM
COMPETITION #: 23-113
JOB DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- This position is responsible for driving a 24-passenger bus to pick up kids in the Westshore after school
- Adaptable to new and changing programs and people.
- Ability to problem-solve and seek solutions.
- Communication and organizational skills required.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- CLASS 4* unrestricted drivers’ licence is required.
- Applicants must be at least 19 years of age.
- Emergency first aid and CPR C is required.
- Skills, knowledge, and experience driving busses.
- Experience working with children is an asset.
A clear and current criminal record check is a condition of employment and is the financial responsibility of
the successful candidate.
Resumes and cover letters quoting competition 23-113 to be received prior to December 4th, 2023, at 12:00PM,
Attention: Human Resources, West Shore Parks & Recreation Society, 1767 Island Highway, Victoria BC V9B 1J1,
Fax: (250) 478-8363; email: [email protected]
This is a union position. Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Posted: November 17th, 2023.