Job Title Business Systems Analyst - SAP FS CD - #94840
Canada Life Assurance Company
Canada Life is searching for an SAP Business Systems Analyst to join our Global Technology Team. We offer a high energy, professional yet casual work environment with the opportunity to make a difference every day. It's an environment where everyone’s contribution is rewarded and valued. We take pride in our ability to have fun and celebrate our successes together. In return, we are looking for individuals that can thrive in our environment, using technology to turn problems into opportunities to grow. If we are describing you, then consider being a part of the Canada Life Team!Your Purpose at Canada Life:
As a member of the Global Technology Team, you will help us continue to stabilize our implementation of SAP Financial Products Subledger (FPSL) SAP Collections and Disbursements (FSCD), including integration of source systems, and continue to build further enhancements and functionality from that foundation. In this role you will work closely with regional actuarial and accounting customers health and dental claims and billing customers, and internally with development teams to understand integration requirements of business data and processes and ensure high quality design, development, and deployment at regular intervals. You will also provide incident support, manage issues, and defect escalations, drive problem resolution, support root cause analysis and provide tactical and strategic solutions. If you thrive in a fast-paced, ideas-led environment, you’re in the right place.What you will do
- Provide end to end technical analysis and execution (analysis, design, proto-typing, development, configuration, testing, deployment).
- Support projects and operations, participating in discovery sessions, CAB’s and stand ups to execute work packages.
- Lead the scoping and analysis to provide technical estimates.
- Proactively keep up to date with our internal IT application methodology to mitigate IT risks and adhere to our governance framework.
- Complete documentation in adherence within our IT application methodology framework ensuring all requirements are met at each gate to ensure successful deployments.
- Develop and execute technical cases for end-to-end systems integration (SIT) and user acceptance (UAT) testing.
- Use industry consulting methodologies to understand business requests and drive discussions on expected outcomes (use cases) to develop minimum viable products (MVP), prototypes and/or technical/ functional requirements.
- Work across the department and with third-party managed services providers to fulfill change requests as needed.
- Prepare, document, facilitate, and deliver knowledge transfer sessions to the business and DevOps as part of transition to operations/ business as usual (BAU).
- Work on projects and backlog to meets deliverables through goal setting, time management, planning and leveraging practices and processes to manage and simplify work.
- Guide the lines of business and influences discussions to guide decision making in ambiguous situations and/or resolve outstanding items and issues.
- Act as a trusted partner to internal clients by proactively building relationships with the business, colleagues, and external stakeholders to understand business as-is state and roadmap.
- Proactively research updates on SAP - bringing them forward to streamline and enhance our execution approaches aligned with best practices. (e.g., SAP Community, ASUG, etc.)
- Be actively plugged into external communities and user groups, developing knowledge, and bringing forward best practices to provide advice on technical solutions.
- Foster a collegial atmosphere by sharing knowledge and experience with members of the team to upskill and guide them on better ways of doing things.
- University or College education in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, Commerce, Business Administration or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have (or be willing to get) Federal Government Reliability Status clearance (Personnel security clearance to gain access to Protected A or Protected B information, assets, or work sites) to work on the product stack.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience as Functional/Technical SAP Analyst - analyzing, configuring, testing, and documenting requirements, preferably with FS CD.
- Demonstrated experience working with custom SAP on-premises/legacy applications
- Rapidly acquires new knowledge, learns new skills, and applies creative thinking to solve problems while understanding the organization’s vision, purpose, and values
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of work to maximize quality, build credibility, and avoid re-work
- Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Seeks to understand business needs, and delivers high quality service to the business
- Experience performing unit and functional testing
- Builds effective relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders quickly and confidently, to positively influence outcomes
- Experience with data mapping and integration processing
- Communicates issues clearly and effectively with stakeholders
- Good understanding in financial accounting, banking operations and reporting practices
- Experience in SAP Collections and Disbursements (FSCD) or SAP Finance and Controlling (FICO)
- SAP certification
- Ability to work under pressure, working on multiple projects simultaneously and juggling priorities.
- Ability to understand and debug ABAP codes
- Demonstrated personal ownership, collaborative team- work, holistic value-centric perspective, work adaptability and innovation
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: London, Toronto, Winnipeg.
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today!
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Canada Life policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact ***************@canadalife.com.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.