Job Title Personal Support Worker, Emergency PT 2024-5443 - #104719
Cambridge Memorial Hospital
Join a hospital where everyone makes a difference! Cambridge Memorial Hospital (CMH) is a thriving community hospital that proudly provides acute care services including: Emergency, Surgery, Medicine, Women’s and Children’s Health, Intensive Care, Mental Health, and Inpatient Rehabilitation.
Our vision is to creating healthier communities together. Our dedicated and skilled staff are passionate about providing outstanding patient-centred care, and an exceptional patient experience to residents of the Waterloo Region and beyond.
Why Should You Apply to CMH?
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Group Benefits, including Health & Dental, for full time employees
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Career Development & Education Grant
- Wellness & Wellbeing Program
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Initiatives
Come be part of our vision as CMH leads in innovation and compassion! To learn more about CMH, please visit our website at www.cmh.org.
$27.957 - 29.124
Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends & Holidays
The Personal Support Worker provides personal care for patients and supports patient flow within the hospital as required. The Personal Support Worker communicates effectively with patients, staff and families, and provides excellent customer service at all times. Responsibilities include assisting patients with activities of daily living and measuring vital signs, and practicing to the scope of their education. Documentation in the electronic record is required for care provided. This position works co-operatively with team members and receives direction from registered staff. The incumbent demonstrates professional responsibility and demonstrates actions consistent with hospital policies and procedures. This is a full-time position to work all shifts including days, nights and evenings, as well as weekends and holidays.
Posted hours do not constitute a guarantee that shifts will not be subject to change.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) Certificate from a recognized college/private career college or school board is required
- Current BCLS Certification, required
- 2-3 years current experience as Personal Support Worker required
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of patient populations
- Recent experience in a hospital environment preferred
- Proficient computer experience and excellent keyboarding skills is preferred
- Previous experience with Meditech system is an asset
- Working knowledge of routine practices related to Infection Control required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ongoing commitment to continuous learning is preferred
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Proven dedication to an interdisciplinary team approach
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and be flexible
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on regular basis is required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Cambridge Memorial Hospital requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
The successful external applicant is required to provide the applicable criminal record check, as requested by Human Resources, in accordance with federal and provincial legislation. Valid criminal record checks are in original format and dated with two months from date of conditional offer from CMH.
CMH Inclusion Statement
At Cambridge Memorial Hospital (CMH), community matters to us. We acknowledge and are grateful for the opportunity to meet, work and offer healthcare on what is the traditional territories for the Anishinaabe, the Haudenosaunee and the Chinnonton.
We are committed to providing and fostering a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace; one that generates belonging. We want a work culture where people are free to express their authentic selves and are able to bring their best daily. That includes a workplace that is free from violence, harassment and discrimination of any kind.
We welcome all applicants and encourage members of equity-deserving groups including Indigenous and LGBTQ2SIA+ communities regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion, neurodiversity or physical ability. We promise to ask if needed, and to provide reasonable accommodation to you during the recruitment and selection process to ensure an equitable experience.
To support all of us in this journey, Cambridge Memorial Hospital is an employee partner with the Canadian Centre for Diversity & Inclusion (CCDI) and provides access to all CMH members to CCDI resources and education. We encourage you to reflect upon our inclusive commitment to you as we welcome and encourage you to explore a promising future career at CMH.
Mari Iromoto Executive Champion Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Susan Toth, Director of Human Resources
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.