Job Title Registered Nurse - Day Surgery & PACU - #104582
Trillium Health Partners
ONA POSTING - REPOST
Position: Registered Nurse - Day Surgery & PACU
Posting ID: 2024-36307
Status: Permanent Part Time
Role Level: Clinical Patient Services (CPS04.2) - $37.93- $54.37
Site: Queensway Health Centre
Hours of Work/Shift: 8 hour shifts - All Shifts
Posted: February 6, 2024
Internal Deadline: February 13, 2024
Trillium Health Partners (THP) is one of the largest community-based acute care facilities in Canada. Comprised of the Credit Valley Hospital, the Mississauga Hospital and the Queensway Health Centre, Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities and is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Our Mission: A New Kind of Health Care for a Healthier Community
Our Values: Compassion, Excellence, Courage
Our Goals: Quality, Access, Sustainability
Our Enablers: People, Education, Innovation, Research
Reporting to the Patient Care Manager – Peri-Operative Care, the PACU/Day Surgery RN collaborates with the inter-professional team to provide airway assessment and management, cardiac and hemodynamic monitoring, pulse oximetry, and ongoing nursing assessment, diagnosis and intervention to all patients in the PACU and Day Surgery.
- Graduate of a recognized College or School of Nursing
- Current certification of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario is required
- Baccalaureate degree preferred
- Current B.C.L.S., Coronary Care 1 and Coronary Care 2 OR Critical Care Certificate required
- Minimum 1-2 years of recent experience in PACU or Critical Care required
- A commitment to complete A.C.L.S. certification and a Physical Assessment course
- Completion of Post Anesthetic Care/Peri-anesthesia course preferred or a commitment to complete is required
- Experience developing/delivering patient teaching materials/programs
- Demonstrated ability to provide patient/family centred care
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, prioritization and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team in a fast paced environment
- Evidence of ongoing recent professional development
- Computer literate: Meditech (ORM, OM, PCI), Word and Outlook
- Satisfactory attendance and performance are required
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
Candidates are selected on the basis of their skill, ability, experience and qualifications.
Where these factors are relatively equal seniority shall govern providing the successful applicant.
Trillium Health Partners’ (THP) is an equal opportunity employer who values the importance of antiracism work and is committed to integrating antiracism, diversity, equity and inclusion best practices throughout THP operations, policies and culture. Therefore, we ask that even if you do not see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on this posting, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that candidates from underrepresented groups often only apply when they feel 100% qualified. We encourage all applicants who are members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the Ontario Human Rights Code based on race, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nations, Métis or Inuk/Inuit person to consider this opportunity.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.