Licensing Analyst - #94673
Law Society of British Columbia
Come join our team! If you are looking for a career that is both challenging and rewarding, with an organization that values diversity, equity and a shared sense of purpose, look no further.
We are proud to say that we’ve been recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers 2022 and 2023! The Law Society of BC offers work/life balance, a collegial atmosphere, and an excellent benefits package, including: extended health benefits, a dental plan, a generous health care spending account, and more.
The Law Society of BC is seeking a permanent, full-time, Licensing Analyst in our Registration & Licensee Services department. The Licensing Analyst provides support for the regulatory processes involving articled students, lawyers, law firms and law corporations. The Licensing Analyst is tasked with regular day-to-day activities to ensure the core functions of the department are operating efficiently and effectively. The primary role of this position is to respond to general inquiries, review and assess applicant requirements, assess and process applications and requests, maintain data and records, and perform other tasks for carrying out the Law Society’s mandate.
The incumbent is expected to perform work independently under sound judgement as well as collaboratively in a team in accordance with set guidelines, established procedures and pre-determined timelines in an efficient manner by using resources most effectively. Complex inquiries, unusual situations and non-compliance with requirements are referred or escalated to the Senior Licensing Analysts, Team Leads, or the Director accordingly.
The Licensing Analyst is supervised by the Team Leads and reports directly to the Director.
The duties of the position include:
- Reviewing applicant requirements, assessing and processing applications, and issuing invoices and refunds in accordance with the Law Society’s regulatory framework including the Legal Profession Act, the Law Society Rules, and organization and department policies and procedures.
- Assessing and processing requests for Certificates of Standing, Certificates of Authentications, and Juricerts, as well as changes to address or employment information from lawyers.
- Maintaining data and records of applicants, lawyers, law firms and law corporations.
- Responding to a variety of email and telephone inquiries from applicants, lawyers, members of the public, and other stakeholders with respect to information and assistance regarding application or membership requirements, and other services administered or supported by the department.
- Drafting and/or sending correspondence to applicants and lawyers as well as other communication materials.
- Conducting follow-ups and courtesy reminders via email and/or phone calls.
- Providing support for other areas when assigned, and to Senior Licensing Analysts, Team Leads, and the Director when requested.
- Providing relief coverage to other Licensing Analysts when requested, and training to other Law Society staff when assigned by the Team Lead or the Director.
- Performing other related duties and participating in special projects as assigned by the Director.
- A post-secondary level qualification is required, preferably in a field related to business administration, plus a minimum of two years of office experience in a customer service-oriented setting as part of a team environment.
- A high level of attention to detail and drive for accuracy with a demonstrated ability to organize work, set priorities, multi-task and deliver results in a fast-paced environment under pressure and tight timelines.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complex information clearly, concisely and professionally as well as building and maintaining effective working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and within a team and also maintain tact when dealing with diverse groups of people with different personalities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel. Advanced computer skills.
- Database experience an asset.
- Regulatory experience an asset.
The salary range for this position is $56,040 to $60,913.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject “Licensing Analyst.” The closing date for this competition is December 1, 2023. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All Law Society employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless approved for an accommodation.
The Law Society of BC supports hybrid work schedules. This position is located at the Law Society of British Columbia office in the Yaletown area of Vancouver, BC.
845 Cambie Street
Vancouver, British Columbia