Logistics Coordinator - #94964
CEVA Logistics is one of the leading logistics companies globally, with over 1,300 facilities in more than 170 countries offering a complete range of contract logistics, freight forwarding, transportation and distribution management services. It offers supply chain support, along with logistics consultation, industry specific customization, global level freight management and system implementation.
At CEVA, we put people first and we strive for better ways in everything we do; our culture is embodied by Boldness, Imagination, Exemplary and Excellence. With these values at the core of our business, our workplace employs 110,000 diverse, cohesive team members who hold each other accountable and encourage each other to create a safe, and inclusive work environment.
Summary: Responsible for coordinating the movement of customer product from the customer’s manufacturing and assembly plants and serve as the primary liaison between the customer and CEVA resources to deliver measurable results. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
- Provide logistics input to production scheduling for optimal scheduling of shipments to carrier schedules.
- Coordinate TL and LTL shipments inbound to customer’s US and Mexico facilities.
- Provide routing instructions to the customer’s suppliers. Ensure prompt and accurate completion of all associated paperwork. Monitor, track and communicate the progress of product from the supplier to ensure the efficient and timely movement of the product to the customer.
- Coordinate efficient processes in accordance with global strategy to achieve optimum performance standards; recommend process enhancements to improve service and efficiencies when possible. Work with the customer’s appointed freight forwarders and domestic and international carriers to ensure the customer’s logistics requirements are met. Report on key logistics operational performance standards and determine whether logistics is performing at, or near optimum level.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Strong business analytical skills with experience in performing data and supply chain management analysis using quantitative statistical analysis and analytical techniques such as statistical probability distribution, correlation, data sampling and relating sets of numbers. Experienced in process execution and functional logistics operations. Ability to articulate logistics objectives and provide solutions to real-time logistics problems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications, accurate typing and/or data entry skills. Basic math skills.
- Capable of communicating and interacting effectively with multi-functional and diverse backgrounds and ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees and vendors.
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in demanding environments with tight deadlines. Ability to manage multiple tasks well under pressure. Self-motivated with ability to manage initiatives on their own.
- Excellent time management, collaboration, decision making, organization, presentation and negotiating skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective working relationships with other team members.
- Comfort with facilitation cross-functional meetings to interface regularly with customers business representatives. Excellent judgment and use of discretion, diligence, dependability and strong work ethic.
- Ability to support team members in furthering program goals through open and honest communication, promoting team interests over self- interest and balancing team and individual responsibilities.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum 4 years related experience.
- Knowledgeable in industry-related issues in manufacturing, international and domestic rail and road transportation, supply chain, logistics and shipping operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years industry experience.
At CEVA we are committed to creating a safe and healthy work environment.
- A Competitive Compensation PackageComprehensive Health & Dental Benefits
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Continuing Education
CEVA is an equal opportunity employer who agrees not to discriminate against any employee or job applicant and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.