Maintenance Coordinator - #94635
Sienna Senior Living
If you’re passionate about being a part of a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The Maintenance Coordinator is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents and ignites the warmth of human connection.
Wage Leveling rate of pay $26.06 per hour until such time that wage leveling ends, then the pay rate will reflect the collective agreement pay rates.As a Maintenance Coordinator your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Plans, organizes, directs and supervises the work of the team members in the Maintenance department. Establishes and maintains the standards of quality services in compliance with Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Program Standards (as applicable) and Sienna Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for the hiring, training and orientation process of maintenance team.
- Conducts regular departmental rounds to ensure all safety, emergency, building and support systems are functioning properly.
- Develops specific procedures, work patterns and routines, for residence, such as: preventative maintenance checklists, receiving / delivering supplies, and the removal of garbage.
- Ensures cooperation and team approach with other departments in such tasks as moving and storing supplies and moving furniture and equipment.
- Develops and implements residence specific policies and procedures regarding quality assurance, fire safety, and environment.
- Maintains purchase journal and gives input to General Manager on budget requirements. Orders and/or purchases supplies/equipment in accordance with established policies and budgetary constraints;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Building Environmental Systems diploma from a Community College or equivalent approved related working experience.
- Knowledge of HVAC equipment, computerized building management systems, electrical systems distribution, fire alarm and sprinkler systems including operation of and testing requirements, emergency diesel generator operations etc.
- Computer skills including Excel/Word/Outlook.
- Ability to read, write English and effectively communicate verbal or written instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret building prints and drawings.
- Health and Safety Certification (level 1 and 2).
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Records Check. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
- WHMIS training would be an asset.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.