Maintenance Planner - #104870
Job location: Bradford, ON
Employment type: Full Time Employment
Hours: 40 Hours per week
A little about us
Hi, we’re Aurora Cannabis, and we’re so excited to meet you!
We’re a global cannabis company driven by our passion to help people improve their lives. We have a diverse team who bring their best every day so Aurora can be the cannabis provider of choice for patients and consumers. We love our work, and we especially love our high quality, innovative brands that make up the Aurora family – from Aurora, Aurora Drift, San Rafael ’71 and Whistler.
Our people combined with our collective passion for the industry is what makes Aurora a special place to work and defines what we call our “A-Team”. We are a high-performing team of cannabis experts, innovators, and champions, that work, learn and win together. We think BIG, act BOLD and execute with PURPOSE in all that we do, and will stop at nothing to cultivate the ultimate cannabis experience for our community.
Are you a cannabis enthusiast with an energetic spirit? Are you looking to work with a fun group of people? If so, we would love to meet you!
We’re looking for an ambitious and hard-working professional to join our Maintenance team in the role of Maintenance Planner:
- Enter data and extract data from the CMMS database and develop PM plans for equipment.
- Create maintenance schedules and generate work orders.
- Maintain an up to date list of company assets along with appropriate PM schedules.
- Plan work to contribute to the achievement of safety, quality, cost and engagement objectives at the site level.
- Update and maintain parts inventory.
- Analyze daily stock movement and establish visuals for min and max stock quantities.
- Create procedural manuals that explain how to do maintenance procedures safely.
- Permit advanced determination of labor resources needed and time required to complete each job, which aids the maintenance manager in measuring the performance of his/her personnel.
- Prevent delays due to waiting for information, materials, equipment, tools, etc.
- Provide cooperation in connection with each job to do work as prescribed by operations.
- Ensure schedule compliance for preventative maintenance.
- Provide a central source of information concerning preventive maintenance.
- Permit advance determination of the number of labor resources needed in each area or location.
- Apply specialized ability to the planning and scheduling of shutdowns and allocate required labor.
- Optimize preventative maintenance execution around manufacturing schedules.
- Communicate expected availability and real-time delays to stakeholders while providing mitigation recommendations and shifts.
- Define and determine trends, proceed with all required planning analysis to identify any issue.
- Consult with functional teams such as supply planning, engineering, quality and/or other functions that will be close partners for this position.
- Other duties as required.
- Industrial Millwright (433a) Journeyman license required.
- Knowledge of CMMS or Maintenance information management system.
- Excellent mechanical and electrical understanding with 5 years of troubleshooting experience.
- Broad knowledge and excellent understanding of a range common business functions and practices, including but not limited to maintenance management, inventory management, customer service, records management, policies and procedures, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt; maintain focus and a high degree of accuracy while working with complex data in an environment of ever-changing deadlines, priorities and requirements
- Self-motivated and customer focused
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and collaborate on projects
- Ability to think strategically, problem solve and make quick decisions
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel (advanced skills)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Time management and follow-up skills; highly organized and detail oriented
- Effective team player, approachable and supportive
- Accountable for results, strives to meet and exceed expectations
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience planning in a manufacturing environment prefered
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is considered an asset
Why you’ll love working at Aurora
Our people are at the heart of everything we do here at Aurora, and we take pride in fostering an inclusive space that inspires our team to love where they work! From rewarding career opportunities to flexible work environments to team activities, we go above and beyond to prioritize your success and here’s how we do it…
- Flexibility: you will enjoy a flexible work environment that is the perfect blend of work and fun! With flexible working hours to compressed work weeks to paid sick and vacation time, you will be empowered to achieve work-life balance.
- Total rewards: we will motivate you to go above and beyond with a competitive salary or hourly wage (with shift premiums), stock options, an RRSP program, annual bonuses, and a health and personal care spending account for you to use for gym memberships, ski passes or staycations.
- Benefits: we will foster your health and wellness (and your dependents) with our employee benefits package including, employer-paid health and dentalcare premiums, life insurance and LTD policies and a medical cannabis coverage program, designed exclusively for our A-Team, that will provide you with $1500 of coverage each year (because we truly believe cannabis is the best medicine).
- Life-long learning: we’re lifelong learners here at Aurora and will invest in your professional development throughout all aspects of your career! You will have access to a tuition assistance program, virtual learning activities and annual performance reviews, to ensure you are provided with the toolkit and support you need to succeed.
- Perks: we love to celebrate our people by providing corporate perks including employee discounts, perkopolis memberships, company SWAG, paid volunteer time, modern technology and snacks and beverages at all our office locations.
- Team: we are a diverse and global team of cannabis enthusiasts, energetic innovators, fitness gurus, caring parents, foodies and more, with a collective passion to nurture an inclusive environment that helps you grow and provide people better days with medical cannabis.
Think you have what it takes to join our team? So do we!
Apply today by submitting your resume along with salary expectations through our website. You can expect your application to be reviewed by a human recruiter (not a robot) shortly after you apply, and our team will contact you via email if we see a fit.
Think you’re the ideal candidate but you don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyways! We would love to review your application to see if you’re the right fit or find you an alternative opportunity!
Not the role for you? That’s okay! Visit our careers page to find the perfect opportunity for you or share this posting with a friend or colleague that you think would be a great fit (hot tip: if you are already an Aurora employee, take advantage of the employee referral program by referring this posting to a friend! If they are successful, you will receive a bonus!)
Diversity and inclusion
At Aurora, we are proud to foster and celebrate a diverse community of professionals! We take pride in nurturing an inclusive culture that empowers our people to be their authentic selves, celebrate their differences and love where they work.
Our diverse community combined with our inclusive culture, is what sets us apart in the industry and equips our A-Team with superpowers – and this is why, we encourage all candidates to apply for job opportunities regardless of race, national origin, colour, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital and family status, disability, or any other identifying characteristic. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site or alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please do not hesitate to let our team know! We are here to help.