Manager Assistant Meat -FTU - #94939
Requisition ID: 179887
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: Retail - Meat
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
City: St. Albert
Location: 8863 Inglewood Safeway
Postal Code: T8N5Z9
Safeway grocery stores provide an exceptional food shopping experience to consumers from Vancouver, British Columbia to Thunder Bay, Ontario. We are the newest member of Sobeys Inc.’s retail food offering which serves the needs of Canadians with more than 1,500 stores in over 800 communities from coast-to-coast. Whether it's your first job or you're ready for a new challenge, we have a career to fit your life. Our commitment to delivering top quality products and superior service to our customers, and for giving back to the communities we serve has earned us a reputation as an employer of choice for those looking for an exciting career in food retail.
Ready to Make an impact?
You will deal directly with customers and answer questions on everything from grilling to nutrition. Our highly skilled Meat Cutters are trained here to prepare the outstanding quality cuts that Safeway has built its reputation on. Become part of the team that offers our customers some of our best-selling products.
Here’s where you’ll be focusing:
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with previous Retail Meat Cutting experience
- Knowledgeable of various cuts of meat. Safeway specific training will be provided
- Upholds and complies with company procedures, standards and policies in all situations
- Assist Meat Manager with supervising department staff, to include scheduling, training and assigning duties.
- Greets customers in a polite and friendly manner
- Demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with Safeway’s programs
- Cut and prepare meat products for display using knives and saws
- Stocking various meat products to shelves
- Maintaining and building merchandise displays in compliance with Safeway programs
- Use of commercial power equipment
- Order writing
- Receiving and rotating product
- Filling product showcases
- Cleaning and sanitizing of work area
What you have to offer:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Highly motivated and team oriented
- Possess strong product knowledge
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written form
- Possess strong Customer Service qualities
- Works in a Safe and responsible manner
- Available to work flexible hours
- Must be available to be scheduled anytime on Sunday (Alberta Only)
Physical Requirements (Seldom: Not Daily, Rare: 0-5% of shift, Occasional: 6-33% of shift, Frequent: 34-66% of shift, Constant: 66-100% of shift)
- Constant lifting of up to 20 pounds
- Constant hand coordination, reaching and gripping
- Frequent standing, squatting, bending, walking, twisting, pushing or pulling
- Occasional lifting of between 20-100 pounds
- Occasional exposure to cold temperatures
We offer teammates competitive total compensation packages that will vary by role and location. Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization. We look forward to discussing the specific compensation details relevant to this role with candidates who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.