Manager (AVP), Private Equity - #94832
LRI Invest S.A.
Assistant Vice President - Fund Controller (Hybrid)
The Role & Key Responsibilities :
Fund and Investor Accounting:
- Prepare work paper files including investment activity, management fee calculations, IRR calculation, unrealized/realized waterfall calculations, etc.
- Review fund reimbursable expenses;
- Prepare capital call and distribution calculations, sources/uses of cash, allocations, and investor notices;
- Prepare fund financial statements with footnotes and supporting schedules;
- Prepare partner allocations and capital account statements;
- Understand/review of LPAs, purchase/sales agreement, side letters, etc.
- Coordinate and support the audit for both SSAE 16 audit and fund audit;
- Support the tax team with information to prepare tax compliance/reports;
- Assist with other regulatory reporting;
- Responsible for investor and partner queries (i.e. audit confirmation, investor cash flow, IRR analysis, etc.).
Cash Management and Operations:
- Facilitate and monitor cash movements;
- Prepare funding memos for investment purchase, fund expense payment, etc.
- Conduct cash forecasting and budgeting;
- Responsible for bank and brokerage reconciliations;
- Assist with Ad hoc financial analysis for client;
- Assist with credit facility drawdowns for the fund;
- Coordinate with investor services team.
- Track portfolio company transactions (purchases, income, liquidity);
- Understand complex investment structures (hold co's blockers, tax withholding, etc.);
- Calculate investment IRR;
- Accounting for holding companies and blocker entities.
- 6-12 years of professional experience (A mix of private and audit preferred);
- Minimum 3-6 years of direct Private Equity experience (Hedge Funds do not count as relevant experience);
- CPA Preferred;
- Strong Fund and Partner accounting knowledge;
- Credit funds exposure;
- Portfolio accounting, complex investment structures preferred;
- Supervisory experience;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Highly motivated with ability to multitask.
- Experience in fund accounting with a focus on private equity experience;
- Knowledge with LPA or other governing documents;
- Experience with waterfall calculations;
- Basic knowledge of Level 3 valuation methodologies;
- Experience with audit process, including internal control and test of details;
- Knowledge of US GAAP with an emphasis on investment partnerships.
Our services focus on
- Fund accounting and financial reporting - Offering exceptional technical accounting and reporting capabilities tailored to the specific needs of structures and clients;
- Governance, management and control - Ensuring statutory duties and governance are undertaken with appropriate diligence;
- Administration of Private Equity structures - Delivering a responsive, client focused administration service.
What you will get in return:
- A high level of visibility within a large organisation on an upwards trajectory
- The ability to define marketing processes to drive innovation and have a tangible impact on the business
- Be part of a dynamic and fast-paced team that makes a genuine impact on revenue and sales pipeline.
- Exposure to all aspects of the business, cross-jurisdiction and to working with senior management directly.
- Opportunity to work with a diverse, agile and global marketing team.
- The opportunity to innovate, bring discipline to brand activity and really make a difference.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit https://theapexgroup.com/csr-policy/