Manager, Strategic Reporting and Analytics - #94707
Royal Bank of Canada
What is the opportunity?
The successful candidate has a proactive & strong analytical and data mindset. You can proactively manage relatively complex reporting projects and data analysis independently and act effectively as a consultant with our internal partners. Your expertise in data visualization, data analytics and proficiency in Tableau will enable us to enhance the quality of our data-driven business decisions. As a hybrid remote/in-office position you will directly report to the Senior Manager, Strategic Reporting & Insights fostering a collaborative and supportive work environment.
What will you do?
- Design, build and implement visually appealing and intuitive Tableau dashboards including a high level of complexity that serve as both self-serve sources of information and supports the analytical insights required to drive data-driven business decision
- Analyze data to uncover trends, patterns and insights using a variety of analytical methods and translate them into prescriptive output. Communicate data insights through storytelling to a varied audience from front-line managers to executives
- Work closely with the Data Engineering team to produce well-governed datasets that will enable reporting, data analytics and Tableau workbook performance optimization
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders as a subject-matter-expert on data visualization and analytics. Recommend reporting and analytics solutions while driving a positive internal client experience
- Investigate and resolve data & reporting issues and solution ad-hoc requests
- Build your knowledge on-the-job in the areas of insurance products, distribution channels and various datasets
What will you need to succeed?
- Strong knowledge of Tableau Desktop, Python, MS Excel, SQL (or similar language) and dashboard building methodologies
- Strong knowledge of analytical methods (e.g. exploratory, descriptive, predictive)
- Proficient in using and manipulating large datasets
- Ability to proactively solve & manage data and reporting problems
- Positive attitude, team player, effective communications and collaboration skills + a strong internal client satisfaction outlook
- Post-secondary education in math / computer science / data analytics or equivalent experience
What’s in it for you?
- A Total Rewards program that includes flexible benefits, work/life balance and career development programs and investment and retirement savings plans
- Competitive pay and high-earning potential
- All the tools, training, and team support you need to grow your business and career
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Sophisticated RBCI software tools to boost your productivity and grow your business
RBC Insurance is an organization that succeeds by bringing out the best in its people. You’ll be part of a supportive, inclusive team that shares common values – including a fundamental respect for each other. At the heart of this is a commitment to diversity. RBC respects and responds to the many competing and evolving priorities in our lives – so you can focus on what you can do best – putting clients first.
Job SkillsBig Data Management, Budgeting, Business Performance Management, Critical Thinking, Knowledge Organization, Long Term Planning, Performance Management (PM)
Additional Job Details
Address:MEADOWVALE BUSINESS PARK, 6880 FINANCIAL DR:MISSISSAUGA
Employment Type:Full time
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.