Manufacturing Engineer Lead - #94958
Engineering & Design
This position is responsible for leading the activities of a local manufacturing engineering team in a Brandt manufacturing facility with the goal of aligning and executing on strategic manufacturing initiatives giving Brandt a clear competitive advantage and which consistently delivers high quality, timely products at the lowest possible cost.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the objectives and workload of the Manufacturing Engineers in your facility.
- Collaborate with your team members, other leads and managers to execute the manufacturing plans across product lines produced in your facility.
- Support Brandt’s formal quality and safety programs.
- Ensure Key Performance Indicators related to Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Morale are in place and shared among the operations team.
- Design, develop, document, implement and maintain production systems based on product mix and throughput requirements.
- Participate in prototype and new product launches to assist operations in initial setup and ramp up activities.
- Practice and promote lean principles in your facility with the focus on cost reduction, increased quality, shortened timelines and increased throughput.
- Create a positive environment for direct reports as well as all Brandt employees where people want to perform to their highest potential.
- Oversee the recruitment, training and retention plan for your team members.
- Support systems initiated by the corporate departments to ensure compliance.
- Work with Operations and manufacturing teams on major new and existing plant and capital changes.
- Work with design engineering platforms on Design for Manufacturing initiatives to identify product changes that reduce cost.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years working in fabrication operations.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Balance a broad range of strategic and operational tasks.
- Sound leadership, staff management, and teambuilding skills.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
- Lean manufacturing training and experience.
- Strong working knowledge of manufacturing practices and industrial equipment.
- Understanding of workflow and theory of constraints.
- An engineering degree or mechanical technologist diploma is required.