Meat Cutter (FT, Chappelle Food Store) - North Central Co-op - #94626
North Central Co-operative Association Ltd.
Be part of an organization that is fully member-owned, sustainable and believes in initiatives that directly benefit our local communities. Located in Stony Plain, Alberta, North Central Co-op provides goods and services to our local communities within Stony Plain, Edmonton, Fort Saskatchewan, Spruce Grove, St. Albert, Legal, Sherwood Park and Edson. We are proud of our 100,000+ member-owners, our 650+ team members throughout our 20+ Gas Bars, Home Centre, 4 Cardlock/Bulk Fuel Stations, 5 Food Stores, 6 Liquor Stores and Administration Office, in addition to future growth.
We invite applications for the position of full-time Meat Cutter to join our team at our Chappelle Food Store located in Edmonton, AB. Open availability is required.
Who we are:
As a co-operative, we do business differently. We believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. Our work is guided by our values of community, integrity, excellence, and responsibility and driven by our vision of building sustainable communities together.
What you'll do:
- Provide prompt, friendly and knowledgeable service to customers in the Meat Department
- Wrap, label and package prepared meats
- Ensure proper rotation is fresh and full at all times
- Facing, filling and organizing of all product items
- Disassemble and assemble all machines in department for thorough cleaning
- Wash cooler and prep room floors every day
- Clean and sanitize cutting blocks daily
- Monitor Case temperature and clean equipment
- Other housecleaning duties
Why it matters:
Unlike traditional businesses, we're owned by our members—the same people who use our products and services. When we are profitable, our member-owners and their communities benefit. This unique business model sets us apart and makes us truly different.
Working at Co-op gives you the opportunity to do work that truly matters. Our commitment to our members and the community means that we strive to make a positive impact every day. We believe that our success should be shared, and we work hard to create value for our communities.
Who you are:
- Previous retail and meat cutting experience, meat department would be an asset
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with strong verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic approach to work
- Efficient and accurate when working in a busy environment
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs consistently Must be able to work with all types of meat and meat products
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
Please note that successful applicants to this posting will be asked to adhere to a criminal record check.
Applications may be used to fill future vacancies within North Central Co-op’s trading area. If you are interested in joining our team, please apply directly on our job board . Posting will remain open until filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
People & Culture
North Central Co-operative